White's Centennial Hiker or Limmer Mid- Weight Boots

10:46 p.m. on February 3, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

Trying to decide which boot I should buy. I was recommended Limmer and have read nothing but good things about them. I like that they use the one piece leather construction of the boots. My only problem is that I can't try them on, something I prefer to do when I buy.

I can't seem to find reviews on the White's Centennial boots which is a down side. The upside to Whites for me is that there is dealer near by to take my measurments and in 4 weeks have a custom fitted boot. The White's use 7-8 oz leather(I emailed them about it) which is 2.8-3.2mm thick, which is comparable to the Limmer Mid-Weights. White's would cost $270+tax vs Limmer $325. So any help in my decision making would be great.

9:44 a.m. on February 4, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,195 reviewer rep
1,063 forum posts

Limmer Mid-weights are not custom and cost some $50 more? I have a hard to fit foot, so the custom option sells it for me...and did, as I have a custom-cut pair of White's Lace-to-Toe Smokejumpers in my boot quiver right now.

1:44 a.m. on February 15, 2011 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,424 reviewer rep
1,283 forum posts

take a look at limmer's website, and call them if you are interested so they send you fitting instructions.  they work well, even if you can't try them on.  they make custom boots too, but that probably means waiting for a while and paying a lot more.

they use at least two lasts (foot shape, simplifying) - the standard and lightweight are similar, the midweight is built on a somewhat different last.  i have had a pair of standards for about five years, a pair of lightweights for three.  great boots.   

August 1, 2014
Quick Reply