New boots

7:42 p.m. on February 20, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,120 forum posts

Found some Keen boots today at a local outdoor store. They were $50 off from $129 to $79. My other cheap boots got so soggy in the wet snow I had to get something better. Going to need them for this summer anyway.

IMG_4400.jpg

Keen is the brand, they said at the store, Keen makes sandals.

They are waterproof and very comfy. Size 14...

8:51 p.m. on February 20, 2011 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

I own 2 pairs of Keen boots and couldnt be happier with em. Tho I did put Superfeet green insoles in them for better arch support. The Targhee II mids Ive seen alot of bad reports on, but after 3 months of everyday use Ive got no probs with them. The Oregon PCT hikers I absolutly love! COMFY COMFY! Grant it Ive only got about 40 miles on them so far (with 40 lb. pack) they give great support and traction and have been holding up great on my hikes into the Superstion Mountains. Have'nt got to try em for water proofness yet tho. Hope you are as happy with your Keen's as I am with mine so far.

9:19 p.m. on February 20, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,120 forum posts

They are Keen Delta's waterproof, insulated. Yes, so far I like them. I have had Vasque,Danner and Merrell's in the past. And the traction today on the icy sidewalks and streets was great, never slipped once.

I will write a review about them after I have worn them a while.

4:11 p.m. on February 21, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
1,397 reviewer rep
442 forum posts

Nice Gary. If you have a Marshall's then look there or at Ross in your area. you can find top rate Goretex boots there at around 65-70% off, sometimes more in a size like yours. Enjoy your new Keens!

12:51 a.m. on February 24, 2011 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

Marshalls or Ross you say, never thought of lookin there for boots. Gonna hav to check them out. THX  for the tip Xterro

8:16 p.m. on March 31, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

They've got one heck-of-a toe-cap.   I think (?) Keens are noted for that.

Size 14,'eh?   I hope they don't use their loss ($$) on your's to pro-rate across-the-board charges on guys like me, at size 9.

r2

10:27 p.m. on March 31, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Gary, I really like Keens alot. I have the Oregon PCT and the Pyrenees. Love the Oregons so far, a little left to be desired with the Pyrenees(see my review.) As a suggestion, put some NikWax or Snowseal Bees Wax on the leather. The leather on Keens suck up water like a sponge. Hope ya enjoy them.

Being they have 200g of insulation, you're not a little worried about warmth in the summer?

7:24 a.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

They are Keen Delta's waterproof, insulated. Yes, so far I like them. I have had Vasque,Danner and Merrell's in the past. And the traction today on the icy sidewalks and streets was great, never slipped once.

Gary  ~~ A "tip" for you ... and, everyone here ....

Never walk on icy sidewalks, streets, parking-lots, etc. ... with your hands in your pockets.

Wear gloves, and be ready to break your fall when you do slip. 

With your hands in your pockets, falling (if you eventually do) will result in serious injury, possibly concussion &/0r broken bones.

Just sayin' ....

12:10 p.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Gary  ~~ A "tip" for you ... and, everyone here ....

Never walk on icy sidewalks, streets, parking-lots, etc. ... with your hands in your pockets.

Wear gloves, and be ready to break your fall when you do slip. 

With your hands in your pockets, falling (if you eventually do) will result in serious injury, possibly concussion &/0r broken bones.

Just sayin' ....

...or you could always wear a pair of Crampons. :)

6:25 p.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,120 forum posts

I am doing a hike tomorrow in 75-80 degree temps will see how warm they make my feet feel.

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply