Jacket Question

8:51 a.m. on March 17, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

I am trying to decide between the OR Furio Jacket and TNF Mountian light.  I am looking for primarily a 4 season everyday jacket and also to use backpacking twice a year.  I have a couple of north face fleeces and was wondering if the zip in feature or the removable hood is that desirable?  Any helpful advice about either jacket would be great.  The prices I am looking at are OR $150 and TNF $199. 

Thanks

9:31 a.m. on March 18, 2011 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,149 forum posts

Welcome to TrailSpace, asoffer4!

I have the Mountain Light jacket, and the Redpoint zip in jacket for it.

I really like being able to remove the hood.  I find being able to zip the liner jacket in quite nice, but not extremely important. 

If you get the Mountain Light, and are buying new, be sure to get the 2011 version- the older ones may not have pit zips. I bought mine through classifieds, and am happy with the transaction and purchase, but thought it was going to have pit zips since the current one does. Thus I was dissapointed when I discovered it did not.

Good luck on your selection!

11:40 a.m. on March 18, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
3 forum posts

Thanks for the advice.  I purchased the Furio Jacket and think I am going to get the Mountain light so I can compare them.  The Furio has amazing construction and seems like more of a technical shell for the hardcore adventurist.  Unfortunatley for me, I will be using it 99% as an everday jacket.  I only get a chance once or twice a year to go backpacking.  For the extra $50 the Mountain Light will probably suit my needs a little more. I appreciate the feedback.

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply