Gelert Tents

2:20 p.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hi, I wanna know if anybody has an opinion about the Gelert tents... I'm looking for 1-person tents, and I've found this Gelert Solo. At the first sight, I thought that it was a very good one  (still think it is a good one), but now I'm not sure about the size of it.... anyway, the question is: Gelert is a high quality brand?

3:19 p.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,129 forum posts

I guess gelert is a european brand? I see the prices are with the English sign for pounds?

The solo looks like a good tent and light 1.5 is about 3 lbs I guess?

Where do you live Thomas?

3:55 p.m. on April 1, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Yes, Gelert is a british brand, but I live in Brasil. 

My plan is going backpacking around UK next spring, so that the Gelert Solo fits in all aspects: lightweight, three-season tent, and as well is manufactured in Wales. But after doing a better research I've noticed that other tents were way more expensive  (about £25 - £45). I don't know if the prices doesn't matter in this case, but it made me think if Gelert is a bad brand.

9:24 a.m. on April 5, 2011 (EDT)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

You can find the tent on youtube. the Gelert Solo gets many good reviews. The one thing I noticed is that it has very little head room.

August 27, 2014
Quick Reply