Need help with finding pants ....

12:59 p.m. on April 11, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,238 forum posts

I am starting to believe I will never be able to replace a couple of the most versatile pants / trousers I have even owned.

I acquired them around the year 2000, from one of two nearby L.L.Bean outlet stores in my area (Del-Mar-Va Peninsula).  Close-outs / overstock.

The are made of Cordura.  The cut / style is like typical Carhartt work jeans / pants, only with the handier large 'kangaroo pouch'-style back pockets found on older Patagonia and Sportif shorts (the real short shorts, not today's longer style).

I called L.L. Bean and provided the product-code from the labels, and was informed that the item was discontinued around 2001.

I have used these pants for almost everything.   Construction-work, casual / leisure / 'about-town' / and most importantly -- hiking.   The Cordura is almost bullet-proof ... a not-so-thin denier kinda like canvas (or heavy material used on Carhartts).   A little warm to wear during warm / hot months, and can repel some water and moisture with application of products that are used on tents and clothing.  Colors were not eye-popping, but not the all-too-typical black we see so much of.  My pairs are a mustard and a beige.  Also have the same thing in shorts.

They are starting to show their age and usage (at one point, I lived in a pair for almost 6-weeks).  Stitching is pulling out, and I am going to find a canvas / awning shop, or a sail-maker (I'm near the Chesapeake Bay) that can re-stitch with heavy-grade Nylon thread.

Anyhow ... do any of you folks here know of Cordura pants or jeans?   If so -- pls provide a link.

Thanks.

r2

I became insane ... with long intervals of horrible sanity -- Edgar Allan Poe

1:30 p.m. on April 11, 2011 (EDT)
171 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Merrel makes a model I think. I have a pair at home. As soon as I get to finding them, I'll let yo know. There were pretty nice and had some sort ort or shoeler or 3M treatment so they would dry faster. Baggy cut though...

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply