Start Here for a Great Outdoor Gear Review

8:17 a.m. on August 23, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,025 forum posts

Review Tips & Tricks is a moderated forum dedicated to helping you field test your gear and share helpful, unbiased gear reviews on Trailspace.

This is the place to share outdoor gear testing and review tips, advice, and opinions and to ask fellow Trailspace gear reviewers about best practices for testing and reviewing gear, apparel, and footwear.

Suggested Reading
For an overview of what makes a great review, these articles are a good place to start: 

Get Inspired
Check out recent featured reviews, all-time top rated reviews, and Killer Reviews by fellow members.

Post Your Review
Once you've thoroughly used and tested your gear, add your own review.

10:32 p.m. on August 23, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,988 reviewer rep
471 forum posts

Think this thread will be a great resource, Alicia! Thanks for opening it up.

11:22 a.m. on September 3, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

I did two reviews this weekend and tried to follow good tips from here. I have a 6 upvote and a 4 upvote on those reviews! I have NEVER had a response like that. I shared both reviews on FB, twitter, and Pintrest, so that may help a lot! Hope it brings in more traffic to the Trailspace pages as well!

3:01 p.m. on September 3, 2013 (EDT)
1,357 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

I read your reviews, GoG. Lots of detail, and lots and lots of actual usage. There's so much you can't find out unless you use equipment in lots of different circumstances. 

Plus you have an excellent reputation with some pretty cool TRs to your name!

4:18 p.m. on September 3, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

The Sunkist Ninja rocks !!!

2:59 p.m. on September 4, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

Thanks to both of you. I like to give my perspective from a hiker who doesn't ahve a lot of gear but definately learning about how the gear I have works! IT has been fun getting things and really using them and then reflecting on how it all went!

September 2, 2014
Quick Reply