About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

WTB: Looking for an older North Face Goretex Mountain Jacket

10:48 p.m. on January 12, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Like the title says I'm looking for an older mountain parka with the 2-tone color blocking style (like pic below). I will consider any color (even all black) and I'm looking for a size M or S. Will consider anything from 1990-200?

I'm not sure about specific styles or year, but I'm pretty much open to anything. I'm only really looking for the gore-tex top layer. No inside fleece liner needed. I'm willing to pay up to 250 depending on color/condition.

Let me know if you have what I'm looking for or something similar. Thanks.

yhst-63736720554223_2186_4391827.jpg

8:26 a.m. on January 13, 2012 (EST)
314 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Contact this site.

http://www.monstervintage.com/

You might need to email them. But it sounds like they might have what you are looking for

10:13 a.m. on January 15, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

^thanks, I just sent them an e-mail. I'll see what they say

The color's I'm looking for are:

Any sort of Beige/Khaki

Olive (lighter green)

Red

Dark Grey 

Blue

All with the black color blocking style pictured above.

If you have a different color I am still open to possibilities, just let me know.

I'm starting to think I may need a small since I bought a large and it is very big on me. I'm wondering if anybody can tell me  how much smaller a Medium is than the Large?

1:56 p.m. on January 20, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I have a blue and black men's Mountain Jacket from the mid-90s, exactly like the one that's pictured.

It's in good condition, with the biggest caveat I can put on it being that the logos for The North Face, on both the left front shoulder and the right rear shoulder, are starting to fade and crack slightly. The North Face didn't start to stitch these logos onto the Mountain Jacket until the late 90s, so these are the heat-sealed decal versions, which were susceptible to this sort of fading and cracking. The mid-90s Mountain Jackets did not have the integrated internal zippers for pairing with a fleece layer, just so you know.

I also have the matching Mountain Pants in blue, with black color blocks, that I'd like to include with the jacket. The biggest issue with the pants are that, over time the elasticity in the suspenders has started to decrease, meaning that they're not nearly as springy as they used to be. Other than that, the Mountain Pants are in very good condition.

Both the jacket and the pants are listed as size M/L. During the early 80s through the mid-90s, The North Face sizes ran smaller than they do now, meaning that the "M/L" indication is closer to what a men's M would be now. I currently wear a men's L in anything from The North Face, but this jacket is too small for me. If you tend more toward the "S" end of the sizing spectrum, however, you may find these to be too big for you.

I'm happy to sell both the Mountain Jacket and the Mountain Pants for $150, plus shipping. If you need me to take some photos of these items, I'm happy to do so. Please let me know.

I also have this exact Mountain Jacket/Mountain Pant set in a much earlier (circa 1985) version, in yellow and black. That set is in excellent condition, given their age, with the one exception being that I ripped one of the edges on a pocket (left front) in the 80s, but had it repaired. The yellow Mountain Jacket is also a M/L, and I believe the Mountain Pants are a M, but I'd need to dig them out and check. I'd sell that set for $200, plus shipping.

I'm new to TrailSpace.com, so I don't exactly know how the back and forth communication is conducted. If you'd like to contact me directly, please do so at jc@fhcommunication.com.

6:04 p.m. on December 13, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
246 forum posts

Random - that picture came from my site and i have a few new items in inventory.  shoot me an email sales@vintagegearoutfitters.com if your still looking.  I currently have an olive/black in medium

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply