Catalina's Tucson ASAP

5:47 p.m. on October 31, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,139 forum posts

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. Henry David Thoreau, Walden (1854)

I am planning another trip into the canyons and mountains of the Catalina's near NE Tucson. I will do a trip report when I get back. maybe going tomorrow. Tired of the noise of the city!

12:58 p.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,139 forum posts

I put off the Catalina's hike for a few days. I may have found a place to live here in Tucson, which would mean getting all my gear a place to stay while I go hiking with just what I need to carry and not have to stash my extra gear at the trailheads anymore, at least till Spring when I head out on my bike touring again.

7:02 p.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

Hey Gary,

Glad to hear your adventure has been going well. Ive really enjoyed your updates along the way. Please keep em coming.

Having a home base is all ways nice, having somewhere to keep and swap out gear as needed.  I was an Over the Road driver living on my truck for a year, it was cool but missed having someplace to just call home and have the chance to get outta the Highway Hilton.

Weather sure has been nice lately huh? Im getting itchy to get out.

8:48 p.m. on November 2, 2011 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,139 forum posts

I moved into my new place tonight. Its close to downtown and I will do yardwork to pay my rent. Have to use a bucket for a toilet (done that b4) run an extension cord out for power and take showers else where (gyms on the UA campus, maybe)

Be it ever so humble there no place like home!

9:50 a.m. on November 17, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
4,139 forum posts

I went on my hike but instead of the intended 5-6 days I went for 3. The nights were much colder even just 500 feet above the city. I got too cold so I decided to come back early. My old down bag has become a down fluff ball too many little holes and the down comes out all the time) so I tried using a wool blanet but after sleeping in a bag its not the same.

I took lots of pictures tho and will put them up here later.

10:56 a.m. on November 17, 2011 (EST)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

At least you got out. It got COLD here in Vegas last night! Cannot wait to see the pix!

11:07 a.m. on November 17, 2011 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

GaryPalmer said:

I took lots of pictures tho and will put them up here later.

Looking forward to them Gary. 

September 1, 2014
Quick Reply