About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Cycling south soon.

1:37 p.m. on August 27, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,939 forum posts

Another summer season is coming to an end. I have been in Jackson Hole WY since late May. I am leaving later this week and pedaling south thru southwestern Wyoming and into Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and maybe Texas.
I am going to be living on my Mountain bike for the rest of the fall, winter and spring.
Live is full of freedom, you just have to take the time to enjoy it! I am 56 and will be 57 in January 2013.

I am not carrying a camera on this trip. I am going to take memory images and travel as light as possible...

7:46 p.m. on August 27, 2012 (EDT)
486 reviewer rep
1,373 forum posts

Hope you are well. Hope teh summer reaped what you need!

8:45 p.m. on August 27, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,939 forum posts

Only worked about 3 weeks, saved $300, that will get me by for a couple months till I get back to Utah or  Arizona to work again. Spent most of my time here hiking. Took a guy from Long island NY hiking one day made $50 as his guide.

12:09 p.m. on September 5, 2012 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,939 forum posts

It is really cooling off here in Jackson now that Labor Day weekend has past. I will hopefully be heading south this weekend.

12:01 p.m. on September 6, 2012 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
1,012 forum posts

Gary,

Good plan.  Watch out for cars.  I bet you will meet some great people.

I used to have a contract on the Navajo Reservation in the spring and fall.  I met an old guy twice traveling from Wyoming to Arizona by wagon pulled by two mustangs and a burro, hitched three abreast.  He had a few thousand stories of his bi-annual migrations.

April 24, 2014
Quick Reply