Triple Falls - Glacier Nat'l Park

2:01 p.m. on May 20, 2013 (EDT)
331 reviewer rep
287 forum posts

My 2 kids and I take a trip to Glacier National Park nearly every year.  A couple days ago I asked my daughter what hike she wanted to do in Glacier this year.  She immediately pulled out a picture on her phone and showed me and said, "lets go here."  The picture is of Triple Falls.  I have been hiking and camping in Glacier my whole life and have never been to Triple Falls so I started looking into it.  Apparently, the Rangers will not tell you how to get there and act as if it doesn't exist. They do this in an effort to keep people out of the fragile alpine meadows which I understand and support.  However, I really want to take my kids there and am confident I can get in and out of there with no trace.  I just need to find out where it is.  I understand it is about 1 mile from the visitor's center at Logan Pass.  Does anyone on here have any experience with Triple Falls and can give me a little insight and maybe some direction??  I would appreciate any information I can get.

4:46 p.m. on May 20, 2013 (EDT)
102 reviewer rep
2,285 forum posts

If you know its whereabouts to within a mile, order a USGS map of the park, or at least one that includes Logan Pass.

Ed

4:32 p.m. on May 22, 2013 (EDT)
331 reviewer rep
287 forum posts

Thanks for the advice Ed!  I appreciate it.  That is exactly what I was planning on doing.  I was also hoping someone with experience on this specific hike would chime in.  

Hopefully I can locate the area on a USGS map.  The topography at Logan Pass is very diverse with tons of potential streams (depending on runoff) and lots of rocky cliffs that can look like waterfalls on a Topo map.  Locating the spot on a Topo map could possibly be a little difficult if the map doesn't specifically call out "triple falls."   A mile radius yields about 2000+ square acres so I definitely have to have a good idea of where it is at before venturing out to find it.  I will find it though.  Hopefully, the area is open when I go.  

10:47 p.m. on May 22, 2013 (EDT)
6 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

Can't speak to Triple Falls, but we were in Glacier Park last year in October and hiked in to Cracker Lake - what an amazing park!  Would love to get back out there.

10:37 a.m. on May 23, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,344 reviewer rep
1,230 forum posts

There's a map here:

http://www.amazingplacesonearth.com/triple-falls-glacier-park-usa/

We expect a thorough TR ;)

12:09 p.m. on May 23, 2013 (EDT)
331 reviewer rep
287 forum posts

FSTS - Thank you!!  That's what I need!!  I will post some pictures and a TR in August.  I have quite a portfolio of pictures of Glacier Nat'l Park and really want to add a few pictures of Triple Falls to it.   

canbearlystandit -  GNP is an amazing park!  I don't think I have been to Cracker Lake.  I am going to have to check it out.  

5:00 p.m. on May 23, 2013 (EDT)
6 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

It was pristine.  It's a cool tourqoise blue.  There's a great blog on Glacier you may have already seen.  It's hike734.com.  Guy did every trail in the park, with video.  Fantastic resource and helped us narrow in our focus to Cracker Lake.

August 28, 2014
Quick Reply