About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Camping in NY & Penn States, coming from Ontario

8:32 a.m. on August 16, 2013 (EDT)
5 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

My family and I were hoping to drive down from Ontario & do some car camping in the NY & Penn States and were wondering if there were any excellent information sites that could be recommended. We usually car camp as a family with kids in tow, packing it all into a backpack isn't reality. Or if anyone knows of a great camp that is semi-not too busy, has some activities near for 14 yr olds and offers good park staff service, that would be great. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. JW

10:54 a.m. on August 17, 2013 (EDT)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Jimmy,

I cannot reference much in regards to NY but I can maybe offer ya a bit of guidance in regards to Rocksylvania(Pa.)...

Here is a link to the DCNR page that offers a bit of info in regards to what you are looking for. 

http://www.dcnr.state.pa.us/stateparks/staythenight/camping/

I hope it helps. 

Btw, welcome to Trailspace. I hope you find the site helpful as well as an overall enjoyable experience. 

If you have any other inquiries please by all means feel free to fire away.

Happy trails, 

-Rick

7:31 a.m. on August 18, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER
853 reviewer rep
314 forum posts

The Adirondacks in Eastern NY have lots of good car camping as does the Lake Champlain area to their East. I can't recommend specific spots but I found lots of info online when I was looking into meeting some NY relatives there earlier this year.  I can recommend a great ice cream stand in Cranberry Lake though!

April 18, 2014
Quick Reply