Camping in NY & Penn States, coming from Ontario

8:32 a.m. on August 16, 2013 (EDT)
5 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

My family and I were hoping to drive down from Ontario & do some car camping in the NY & Penn States and were wondering if there were any excellent information sites that could be recommended. We usually car camp as a family with kids in tow, packing it all into a backpack isn't reality. Or if anyone knows of a great camp that is semi-not too busy, has some activities near for 14 yr olds and offers good park staff service, that would be great. Thanks in advance for your suggestions. JW

10:54 a.m. on August 17, 2013 (EDT)
1,641 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I cannot reference much in regards to NY but I can maybe offer ya a bit of guidance in regards to Rocksylvania(Pa.)...

Here is a link to the DCNR page that offers a bit of info in regards to what you are looking for.

I hope it helps. 

Btw, welcome to Trailspace. I hope you find the site helpful as well as an overall enjoyable experience. 

If you have any other inquiries please by all means feel free to fire away.

Happy trails, 

7:31 a.m. on August 18, 2013 (EDT)
2,664 reviewer rep
644 forum posts

The Adirondacks in Eastern NY have lots of good car camping as does the Lake Champlain area to their East. I can't recommend specific spots but I found lots of info online when I was looking into meeting some NY relatives there earlier this year.  I can recommend a great ice cream stand in Cranberry Lake though!

October 5, 2015
Quick Reply