Wauchecha Bald Trail?

10:50 p.m. on September 22, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
187 forum posts

howdy,...

anyone been on the Wauchecha Bald Trail?

and can give me info/advice?

tipi?

1:21 p.m. on September 23, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,285 forum posts

I had never heard of this one Kevin. Sorry no advice to share but would love to hear about it when you get back.

4:27 p.m. on September 23, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
187 forum posts

its down near lake santeelah and cheoah point.....

wanna do it with me in a few weeks?

it starts sorta near lake---then goes out to AT....

kevin

5:54 p.m. on September 23, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,285 forum posts

Kevin, 

sure I'll go if the schedule works out. I have to work certain weekends and also have committed to a hike with Tipi and Gonzan in Slickrock for a weekend in October, so depending on the date, I'm in.

I've noticed from your posts that you are a crazy backpacker like me....I go literally whenever I can. It usually turns out to be about 20-25 weekends a year (I saw where you’ve been hitting 30 per year…..sweet).

Send me a PM when you decide on a date.

5:58 p.m. on September 23, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,285 forum posts

I actually just back from a failed meet-up with tipi in slickrock. Saturday was brutal......I hiked from Winday Gap trail down Nichols Cove, up Big Stack, south on the BMT to 149, partway down 97 (brush mtn) trying to find Walt, then back up 95/2, up 54A to the Bob....all in a driving rain. Not my best choice ever; I kept thinking, this will stop soon (and it never did). But Friday on Windy Gap was nice and Sunday gogin across four mile ridge to the Hangover was classic beautiful fall temps and skies.

12:01 a.m. on September 24, 2013 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
187 forum posts

Yeah.....I've been trying to get out as much as possible---if I'm not seeing music or if its raining, I've been out...

This month has sucked for me though......outdoors wise though...

Labor Day weekend was Allman brothers and then blew off a trip in order to pack for the next weekend which was a music festival in Virginia....then a weekend of being sick and this weekend, I didn't want to start out in the rain so I stayed in Saturday....went canoeing on Norris though yesterday.

So did you end up going down brush mountain trail?

I did that one over Memorial Day weekend but I came up it...

It was a bitch on the upper part.....most overgrown trail in that wilderness.....at some points I was just following ribbons every couple hundred of yards or so...

Tipi had said he was going to open it up.....not sure how far he got on that project....

There's also an unknown trail off of north fork near the stump camp and Indian valley branch that I want to check out...

Tipi has just demolished a log lashed bridge I saw that lead up to this unknown trail a couple of months ago..

For this bald trail---I'm thinking the weekend of the 12th...

I have to work the weekend of the 5th and have a car camping trip planned for this weekend...

October 22, 2014
Quick Reply