Trans Utah Trek

1:43 a.m. on October 12, 2013 (EDT)
16 reviewer rep
56 forum posts

So I am planning on leaving Wyoming heading southwest towards Las Vegas. After an amazing summer season planted in the tetons, I am looking forward to a week of Utah weather and experiences. With the current re-opening of the parks this weekend, I couldn't be more ecstatic and ready for any insight and local/expert advice. I have done some basic essential research, so I am looking for generalized advice and tips when crossing the state. We plan on arriving in SLC midday on Sunday, and have hopes of being in Las Vegas at the very latest Friday. Any and all information appreciated.

-Zion vs. Moab/Canyonlands areas ? We are lucky to have the capability of selecting which area to spend more time. And, I know I am prompting much room for debate and bias on this issue, so lets hear some arguments from both sides as to where to linger longer.

5:35 p.m. on October 12, 2013 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
4,168 forum posts

If you come thru eastern Zion area and come thru Orderville you are welcome to stay with me. I can show you some other slot canyons and take you down into the Parunuweap Canyon.  

October 1, 2014
Quick Reply