Loop trails in Maine?

9:37 p.m. on November 6, 2013 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
410 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

Hi Friends,

I'm planning a hike soon.  Looking for loop trails in Maine and hoping to plan a 3 day, 2 night hike. Any suggestions? I'm prepared for cold nights, and looking to hike between 8-17 miles a day.

8:08 a.m. on November 26, 2013 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
685 reviewer rep
3,103 forum posts

Grafton immediately comes to mind.

1:56 p.m. on December 4, 2013 (EST)
GUIDE/OUTFITTER TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
875 reviewer rep
48 forum posts

If you are willing to drive to NH I like the Pemi wilderness loop. Send me a PM and I can give you some ideas about which way to do it.

2:45 p.m. on December 4, 2013 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,964 reviewer rep
430 forum posts

Jim51111 said:

If you are willing to drive to NH I like the Pemi wilderness loop. Send me a PM and I can give you some ideas about which way to do it.

Maybe you'd care to put together a trip report? I am pretty sure that there is at least one person around here besides Seth who'd be interested in your personal experience in that area.  That guy has already done some research and downloaded some maps, but first hand accounts are my, I mean his, favorite 8p

4:59 p.m. on December 4, 2013 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
410 reviewer rep
1,069 forum posts

I'd love to read that too! 

This past weekend, I ended up doing a few shorter loops around New Portland, using the Maine Huts system as a base.  It was wicked cold, and I didn't feel that confident in my sleep system.

October 23, 2014
Quick Reply