Yosemite Trails for Autumn Colors

3:27 p.m. on October 1, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Hi All,

Do you guys have any recommendation for trails in Yosemite Valley for autumn colors? This is our first time going to Yosemite and are planning to come back for the Spring experience.

Thanks!

4:36 p.m. on October 3, 2007 (EDT)
26 reviewer rep
241 forum posts

I believe most of the deciduous trees will be found at the lower altitudes. Check out the trees at Sequoia & Kings Canyons, including the "largest tree on earth".
In Yosemite check out the Tuolumne Meadows Lodge. Frommer's puts out a pocket sized guide book to Yosemite, Sequoia & Kings Canyon with many descriptionsof day hikes, including mileage and estimated times.
http://www.frommers.com/search/search_results.cfm?sa=2&searchstring=Yosemite&x=0&y=0

10:48 a.m. on October 4, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Thanks for the reply!

11:24 a.m. on October 16, 2007 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

This doesn't directly answer your question either, because it's not about Yosemite, but you might want to check this out. Last year I saw some really beautiful colors in late October in Plumas County. Also check out the Grass Valley area - very beautiful.

BTW, not to argue with rambler, as he was trying to help, but I'm pretty sure the "largest tree on earth" is a Sequoia, which stays green year-round :-).

3:39 a.m. on October 29, 2007 (EDT)
10 reviewer rep
475 forum posts
September 2, 2014
Quick Reply