15-20 mile loop on the AT in PA/NJ?

12:39 a.m. on July 11, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I'm having a tough time finding a 15-20 mile loop which connects to the AT in the Pennsylvania or New Jersey area (anywhere within 4 hours of Philly, basically). Everything I'm finding is a point-to-point hike, or just a ridiculously elaborate set of multiple mini-loops. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, everyone!!

6:22 a.m. on July 11, 2008 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Hi bowsher, Maybe you already have one, but I have found state trail guides very helpful in planning my trips. These are usually medium size paperback books with a list of trails in your state. They include trail descriptions, ratings as far as difficulty, and the length of the hike, ect. Many times they offer suggestions for using more than one trail to make a longer hike. There are also several trail books on the AT alone.
I live in SC and cannot recommend a specific trail, But I would not be surprised if someone else on this site could.

4:11 p.m. on July 11, 2008 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

thanks, Trouthunter.

10:53 p.m. on July 14, 2008 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
983 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

http://www.whiteblaze.net/index.php
Try this link for specific help with the AT.
Good luck

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply