AT in NC

5:22 p.m. on September 10, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
25 forum posts

I am doing a trip next weekend in NC and would like to go on the AT. There will be 3 of us with pretty good experience. We will be arriving around 2pm Friday and leaving Sunday evening. We want to do 8 to 10 miles a day.

My big question; has anyone ever used a shuttle service in the area or would you recommend using one? We can do a loop but there is something about the AT for 3 days that gets me going.

11:33 p.m. on September 15, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
25 forum posts

Well it looks like we are headed to the hot springs area. we still have to finalize stuff but looks like a fun one!

1:12 p.m. on September 16, 2009 (EDT)
26 reviewer rep
241 forum posts

Bluff Mountain Outfitters in Hot Springs can shuttle you. 828-622-7162. Since the AT goes down Bridge St. or hwy. 209, it goes right by the outfitter's front door.

Near Davenport Gap the owner of Standing Bear Farm (Tenstsites and a bunk house and a small store) also has a shuttle service. 423-487-0014 standingbearfarm.com

September 16, 2014
Quick Reply