Looking for hiking partners around Northern Arizona

11:58 a.m. on September 4, 2010 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,299 forum posts

I am 5 weeks out of the hospital and am looking to do some easy hikes in some of the canyons around northern Arizona, like the Lil Colorado, Cataract Creek (Near Williams), Havasupai, Walnut and Sycamore Canyons, West Oak Creek, Wet Beaver, Verde and Clear Creeks, Etc. If any of you plan to be coming to Arizona this fall look me up, May even do Humphreys in the San Francisco Peaks in October after the Aspens change color. Looking at going down to the Catalina' Mountains in November.

10:15 a.m. on September 7, 2010 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,299 forum posts

Went on a trip to the San Francisco Peaks on Sunday with a guy from Phoenix who answered an ad like above I have on Craigslist. And another guy from Page answered it yesterday.

Lupine and the peaks

4:18 p.m. on September 7, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
74 forum posts

Zion was amazing!!!!!! Will update photos soon. I walked the narrows up and into ordervill canyon saw a couple of great waterfalls. It had just rained the day before so the water was brown, other than that perfect. I walked to the upper emaerald pools in a loop and made it up to the wiggles on the way to angels landing before it started to get to dark on me. I had a late start at this time. I didnt get to do the subway because i ended up getting there 2 days earlier on Saturday and Sunday and my permit was good for Tuesday and i waited in line sunday but it was packed because of the rain saturday alot of people didnt walk it so i think they all waited and did it Sunday. Oh well you have to leave something for next year right. Yellowstone was also amazing as usual

November 27, 2014
Quick Reply