Grand Canyon in November

10:33 p.m. on September 29, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

I'm going to GC for 30 days and want to resupply at Phantom Ranch when I get down there. Is there a way to schedule a duffel in advance (have them hold the duffel and then send it down on the day in question)? I used a duffel to pack out when I did the Grandview/Phantom/Bright Angel trip about 3 years ago but I was dropping off/Picking up that same day. This time I'll be picking up 2 weeks later. Thanx in advance!

Doug

9:48 a.m. on September 30, 2010 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,226 forum posts

Yes, Doug. If you make arriangments with the wranglers to take your duffle down on a certain day they should be able to have it there. Of course you will probably have to pay them for the service. But if you had this done 3 years ago, you porbably know how to do it already. Not much has probably changed in three years.

11:08 a.m. on September 30, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Yeah, I just didn't have anything going down last time. Last time I didn't want to get whupped up so I made the mules pack my stuff out (got up at first light, broke camp, packed duffel, hiked out, got shower, got duffel, drove 5 hours to Vegas, hopped a plane and went to work). It was a long day. Anyway, I didn't know if they would hold my resupply bag for 2 weeks or not. Somebody told me they would so I've got hope...

9:19 p.m. on September 30, 2010 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,226 forum posts

Call the BCO (Backcountry Office) and ask them.

October 25, 2014
Quick Reply