46th Annual Hocking Hills Winter Hike

11:18 a.m. on October 27, 2010 (EDT)
27 reviewer rep
200 forum posts

I've wanted to do this hike since I learned about it a couple years ago. I haven't hiked much during Winter but this trail is very familiar to me and it intrigues me to have a reason to see it in a different season.

http://www.hockinghills.com/winter_hike.html

The event is January 15, 2011. Hikers may step off anytime between 9 and 11 AM to ensure access to the bus ride back to the trailhead and delicious bean soup!

If anyone is local, or will be that day, let me know. I'd love to meet up with some of you for a great Winter day hike.

10:46 p.m. on October 28, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
45 forum posts

We took our son to visit a college in the hocking hills a couple of years ago and have wanted to go back there for some camping/hiking.  Unfortunately, it's a 13 hour drive for us.  Please be sure to post some pictures and a trip report.  I still have hopes of getting back there some time!  I checked out the link, it looks like it would be a lot of fun.

July 31, 2014
Quick Reply