About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Phoenix day hikes

9:45 p.m. on May 26, 2011 (EDT)
333 reviewer rep
127 forum posts

I will be traveling to Phoenix soon for a business trip and was wondering if anyone could recommend a few good day hikes in the area.

3:08 a.m. on May 27, 2011 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

South Mtn. Park has some nice trails, I go there often. Tho its in the middle of the city, once up in there you can real get the feel of being outta town. Plus ya get some good views looking over the city at times. It does get kinda busy with Hikers and Bikers near the trailheads but they thin out the further you go.

Superstition Mtns. have alot of good trails. Also close to town so can get busy, especialy on the weekends. But worth the trip for some beautiful hiking. Dutchman Trail from First Water is very nice.

I dont know when your planning your trip but keep in mind..... ITS GONNA GET REAL HOT REAL SOON!  Both of these areas are Desert Mtns with no water available this time of year. Within the next week or two Temps will be 100+ untill late September.

If your willing to drive a couple of hours you can go North, higher elevations, little bit cooler and some nice hikes on creeks like Oak Creek or West Clear Creek.

12:43 a.m. on May 29, 2011 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
395 forum posts

Gary Palmer did a really nice Trip Report on West Oak Creek near Sedona AZ   I've never done that hike ( its on the tadoo list) but am familar with the area. Its awesome! Would be an excellent summer hike. Thats about 2 hours from Phoenix

8:42 a.m. on May 29, 2011 (EDT)
333 reviewer rep
127 forum posts

Thanks for your help azrhino. I will have to look into these trails you mentioned.

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply