Bartram /Chattooga River Trail 9/17 - 9/18/2011

1:25 p.m. on September 21, 2011 (EDT)
10 reviewer rep
193 forum posts

This past weekend I parked my car at Ridley Fileds parking area On Hwy 28 in South Carolina just before you cross Russel Bridge. I hiked South/southwest down the Bartram/Chattoga river trail. 

Ended up Doing a little over 9 miles the first day with some backtracking and one or two wrong turns. There are a couple tricky turns so you have to make sure to keep your eye out for trail markers (gold diamonds). I stayed on Warwoman creek Saturday night befor hiking about seven miles back to the car Sunday. 

It was a real pleasure to hike and I got the added bonus of running up on Turkeys both days along the trail. I only saw one other person over the weekend. He was fishing up near Russel Bridge

The temperatures and weather were excellent!! Highs in the 60's and lows in the 50's.

Photos Here: http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/m...River%20trail/

3:19 a.m. on September 22, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
120 forum posts

That's some nice woods, jmcwatty! Thanks for doing the recording for us; novel idea!  I don't get to get out into the action as much as I'd like, but your kindness brought it in to me!  Many more pleasant journeys.

12:41 p.m. on September 22, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,310 forum posts

Looked like a good hike JC! Thanks for sharing...

IMO, you should never choose football over hiking. But that Tajh Boyd is a fun player to watch huh?

1:51 p.m. on September 22, 2011 (EDT)
10 reviewer rep
193 forum posts

Bunion said:

That's some nice woods, jmcwatty! Thanks for doing the recording for us; novel idea!  I don't get to get out into the action as much as I'd like, but your kindness brought it in to me!  Many more pleasant journeys.

Thanks! The Chattooga is my favorite area in South Carolina! Glad you enjoyed the vids. Doing them is part of the fun for me!

1:53 p.m. on September 22, 2011 (EDT)
10 reviewer rep
193 forum posts

Patman said:

Looked like a good hike JC! Thanks for sharing...

IMO, you should never choose football over hiking. But that Tajh Boyd is a fun player to watch huh?

I have yet to see a game as I have chose hiking over the only Clemson appearance on TV. I was glad to be able to listen to the games though

2:32 p.m. on September 22, 2011 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,310 forum posts

yeah, I was just messing with you...I like football too but not as much as I like getting out in the back country. Besides you can proably catch a reply on CSS right?

hey what were you using to hold the video camera?

4:40 p.m. on September 22, 2011 (EDT)
10 reviewer rep
193 forum posts
November 21, 2014
Quick Reply