Arizona and New Mexico

4:08 p.m. on September 29, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,327 forum posts

Just got back from a Climbing Director Conference at Philmont, then a drive back with a couple stops. Here is a photo of the Teepees

PaintDsrt1.jpg

4:17 p.m. on September 29, 2011 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Beautiful photo Bill. I really need to get out more. Oh wait; I am on the trail Saturday for a week +. :)

6:00 p.m. on September 29, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,247 reviewer rep
617 forum posts

Didn't you just do a week long trip Rick? I'm jealous. How you gettin all this time off!?

6:42 p.m. on September 30, 2011 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,244 forum posts

I am traveling by bicycle in eastern Arizona now. See my trip pictures since leaving Flagstaff two weeks ago today under trip planning here in the forums. I am in Egar/Springerville now in the library and its pouring rain as I write this. Glad I am inside. Been hot all day should cool it off some!

Nice picture also Bill!

First-couple-days-of-my-bike-ride-to-Sho

I saw this Tipi motel in Holbrook, note my bike in the lower left corner.

12:05 p.m. on October 1, 2011 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,327 forum posts

That motel has been there since I was a kid growing up in Arizona. It has been remodeled several times over the years, but has been basically the same, with a sign saying "Sleep in a real Indian teepee!" except that the "teepees"are stucco! I see that the current sign says "wigwam" now instead of "teepee".

10:21 a.m. on October 11, 2011 (EDT)
119 reviewer rep
456 forum posts

I think that motel was in a movie, something about cars if I remember right... 

:D

October 31, 2014
Quick Reply