21 Days to Yellow Creek Mountain

11:37 a.m. on July 19, 2014 (EDT)
240 reviewer rep
1,274 forum posts

Before I post my Pisgah trip report, I need to add a previous trip done in May 2014 on the new BMT addition across the Yellow Creek Mountains in NC, and merging onto the Appalachian Trail near Fontana.

For a full trip report and other reports, see

These three links will have more pics and text.

11:45 a.m. on July 19, 2014 (EDT)
240 reviewer rep
1,274 forum posts

Here are some highlighted pics of the trip---

As I do the Deep Creek/Haoe Lead loop in Slickrock wilderness I run into some friends from the Knoxville Sierra Club---Mac, Will Skelton, Duane and Chuck.

Slickrock Creek trail takes me out of the wilderness and to the trailhead of Yellow Creek Mt, now the new BMT reroute.  I pass by Tapoco Lodge on the Cheoah River.

Sgt Rock made a series of maps for the new reroute and here is my copy during the trip.

The new BMT reroute jcts the AT and once on the "grand" trail I start running into thruhikers.  Here is Jeremy and his dog.

After my Yellow Mt adventure I return to Slickrock Creek and run into Chantelle doing a backpacking trip up the Nutbuster trail to Hangover Mt.

Eventually I pull the Nutbuster trail myself and while on Bob Mt run into these 3 BMT dayhikers Mother Teresa, Momma Goose and Jet Lag.

My trip ends on Bob Mt where I find a girl using this old vintage pack by Wilderness Experience.

9:24 a.m. on July 20, 2014 (EDT)
1,238 reviewer rep
426 forum posts

great pics! looks like good fun

November 27, 2015
Quick Reply