Epic National/State Parks - Cross Country Road Trip

11:33 a.m. on July 2, 2009 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

I am going to try something a bit different as I don't have time to post the whole trip right now. My wife Michelle is posting pics of our trip as we go. We have made it to the Grand Canyon having made stops in the Great Smokies at Cades Cove, Hot Springs Arkansas (interesting place), Palo Duro Canyon, Cochiti Lake, Painted Desert, Petrified Forest, and Meteor Crater (AZ).

If you are not already friended on facebook please send me an invite and I will add you.

Greg Roper

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=726582296&ref=name

8:40 p.m. on July 3, 2009 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

pics of Grand Canyon added.

2:52 p.m. on July 13, 2009 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
201 forum posts

We have been back for a few days. I will work on a report and get some photos posted.

We ended up going to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Hot Springs National Park, Palo Duro Canyon (State Park in Texas), Cochiti Lake, Painted Desert National Park, Petrified Forest National Park, Meteor Crater (kids loved the big hole in the ground), Grand Canyon National Park, Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon National Park (my son Bryce loved this one), Arches National Park, Capital Reef National Park, and Rocky Mountain National Park.

All the pictures (200) are up on Facebook in my profile if you can't wait for the trip report, send a friend request and I will get you added.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=726582296&ref=name

4:42 p.m. on July 16, 2009 (EDT)
19 reviewer rep
160 forum posts

I have been doing the same thing, traveling the country, I am in Rapid City, SD and just visited Devils Tower yesterday. We got stuck up there and came down in the dark in a bad storm. It was awesome!

August 28, 2014
Quick Reply