Kentucky Falls

10:51 p.m. on October 14, 2009 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

It was only a day trip but a hard 5 mile hike. Rita was a real champ. Shes hurting, but she loved the falls.

12:33 a.m. on October 15, 2009 (EDT)
210 reviewer rep
4,297 forum posts

Wow, those are lovely falls, are they in Kentucky of just named that?

12:44 a.m. on October 15, 2009 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Oregon. Hard to find, as there are no signs on the main road. Rita wants to go the other way in and camp close to them. Now thats a 7 mile hike. I dont think shes ready for that. but we will. I owe her some car camping trips now. :)

5:57 p.m. on October 15, 2009 (EDT)
33 reviewer rep
40 forum posts

Would the " other way" be from the N. Fork of the Smith ? Think there used to be a better road from that direction but got washed out years ago.Another trip in that area is up the Smth River to Wassen Creek - go across bridge and work yourself all the way up Wassen to the top. No trails and was once a designated wilderness area. You just kind of wade in the creek- but some amazing scenery. Best to do during summer.Also- try car camping and hiking on the N. Umpqua.Probably one of the best spots in Oregon IMO. The N. Umpqua Trail is a dandy 79 miler that you can do in segments-Have Fun !!

8:33 p.m. on October 15, 2009 (EDT)
344 reviewer rep
1,124 forum posts

Thank you Friend. I'll look into those other hikes. BTW I think this area rocks!

10:47 p.m. on October 15, 2009 (EDT)
141 reviewer rep
218 forum posts

Very pretty falls. Gary asked a good question. I would have assumed they were in KY (and then said I didnt know KY had scenry like that).

November 25, 2014
Quick Reply