Adidas Badrock II GTX

I've had the Badrock II for a while now but really…

Materials: leather, gore tex xcr
Use: snow hiking
Break-in Period: 5 hours, tops
Weight: not sure...lighter than your typical high cut leather boot
Price Paid: 100 bucks

I've had the Badrock II for a while now but really haven't had much use for them until a recent snow storm dumped 5 inches on DC. I laced up the boots and headed out to the local park for an afternoon of sledding with my 5-year-old son and lab-huskie mix Georgia. Now, this may not be your traditional hiking boot field test, but hear me out.

The Badrock is amazingly light for its profile. Robust ankle support comes from the higher than normal cut of the boot. It's supportive but not at all bulky or clumsy (like other boots I've had in the past).

The lugs of the Ground Control System bit into the dry, packed snow amazingly (especially since I left my yak trax at home). Up the hill, down the hill, across the hill...I was amazed at how well the lugs held. I wore a thin liner and a pair of Smartwool socks and my toes stayed toe-stee for over an hour and a half.

I really didn't want to leave because the boots were just a pleasure to wear, but darkness fell, the five year old was getting hungry and the lab-mix was getting tired. I don't know when I'll have occasion to wear the Badrocks again, but I'm looking forward to it, wherever, whenever it happens!

Adidas® Badrock II shoes are great for fast-packing, lightweight outdoor adventures. Split-grain leather is combined with nylon mesh to provide foot climate control and durability. Gore-Tex® liners make these boots waterproof yet breathable, for comfort in a variety of conditions. Mesh and anti-microbial, moisture-wicking linings work to keep your feet comfortable. Ground Control System™ reduces your foot's pronation speed and rotation with two radiused, sliding plates that adapt to the landing surface. Compression-molded EVA midsoles offer lightweight cushioning for all-day comfort. Mountain grip soles provide a balance between stability and high-traction grip. Closeout.

Adidas Badrock II GTX

The Adidas Badrock II GTX is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.