User Review: Arc'teryx Sabre Pant
Source: received it as a sample, freebie, or prize (Mountaintechs program)
The best ski pants I have ever owned. Perfect for lift served skiing and colder backcountry tours.
- Quality Gore-tex softshell fabric with appropriate reinforcement patches
- Large thigh pockets, big enough for a large subway sandwich
- Unique zipper vents that open slightly to the back of the thigh
- Relaxed fit
- Tobiko is easy to see
- Arc'teryx quality
- The built-in belt is kinda wimpy, there are belt loops for a more substancial belt
- The color, Tobiko, is very bright
I acquired these pants through a product testing program I am in. They are my go-to pants for winter activities when I need protection from the weather, especially when it is cold. They are very well made, albeit on the baggy side.
The Gore-tex softshell fabric seems to be very durable, breatheable and weatherproof. The two thigh pockets will hold tons of stuff, even a water bottle. There is one more pocket for keys, lip balm, etc. There are extremely tough fabric patches on the inner cuff which should keep ski edges a bay.
The gaitors are easy to use, but don't come with a hook. I like the partial vents slightly behind the outside thigh area.
Disclaimer: Reviewer is a member of the Gore MountainTech program, which provides members incentives to test and provide feedback on their products.