Great stability on steeper trails with load. Good…

Summary

Great stability on steeper trails with load. Good for narrower feet. Bit on the heavier side. Great fit.

Pros

• Stability
  • Quick break-in
  • Laces hold well

Cons

• A bit heavy

Have been using these hiking boots for a few weeks now and wear them daily to work apart from trails on the weekends. I wear a 10.5 for my street shoes and got the same in these. These run a bit narrower and suit my somewhat narrow feet well.

They did need a few days to break in. I haven't experienced any chafing. I did notice a sore point on my inner ankle bone on one hike, but this has since disappeared. GoreTex keeps it waterproof and I have tested it a bit by stepping in water a couple of inches deep.

Have carried 20+ lbs on my hikes up fairly steep trails, and the stability of these boots is awesome, and makes for a very sure footing. The soles have very good grip and the ankle support is awesome. Have done a few shallow water crossings, across wet slippery rock and they were great.

The boot is built very solid, and there is not as much flex as other hiking boots I have used in the past. In hot Texas summer conditions with medium hiking socks on, they stayed comfortable. The lacing system works well and the boot fits snugly all around if tightened. There is ample space in the toe box and I did not experience any toe jams on steeper downhills. They boots are a bit on the heavier side, and this can take some getting used to.

Overall, great boot.

Welcome to Trailspace, Arun! Thanks for sharing a review of your Asolos with us. About how many miles do you think you have on your pair?

arun radhakrishnan

About 50 miles

Thanks! I hope you'll keep us posted on how they continue to work out for you.

Very reliable 3 and 1/2 season hiking boot. These…

Summary

Very reliable 3 and 1/2 season hiking boot.

Pros

• Extremely waterproof
  • Lasted two high mileage hiking years
  • Great support
  • Comfortable out of the box

Cons

• Traction on wet rock

These shoes run a tad large, so I felt great in one half size smaller. I've put these shoes through the ringer and they've held up extremely well even on winter hikes. They double as trail runners too!

Very impressed with the waterproofing on these. No problems with sweaty feet in the summer, however I primarily used these in spring, fall, and winter despite the fact that they are intended as three-season shoes. In the winter they kept my feet warm on days above ten degrees. Any colder than that, I'd go with a pair with more insulation.

I used these with gaiters in the snow and after two winter seasons, the velcro on the gaiters started to really pluck away the nylon fibers on the tops of the boots. Not Asolo's fault as they are not intended for winter use. GREAT BOOT.

Welcome to Trailspace, Curtis! Out of curiosity, how many miles do you think you have on your pair?

1 year ago