User Review: Asolo Men's TPS 520 GV
Materials: Full grain leather uppers. Gore-tex lining
Use: 10-20 mile hikes with 30lb pack in New England weather.
Break-in Period: less than a week
Price Paid: 200 usd
These are good boots with a couple small issues for me.
1. No toe cap. This makes them look a little nicer..at first.. but I did slice the first layer of toe leather open on some ice in the first two weeks I had them.
2. They are the most slippery boots on wet rocks and ice I have ever used.
1. 100% water-proof. Even with the hole in the leather, I stood in water up to a centimeter of the top for 10 minutes and had no leaks. (they had been treated with nikwax)
2. Very short break in period. They were comfortable out of the box. Just took a bit for my heel to settle in.
3.Great heel cushioning. I have had trouble for a long time with my heels,but these keep me hiking.
4. I like the lacing. It is easy and stays tied.
I've had these for less than a year so I don't know how the longevity will be, but the craftsmanship looks solid so I'm expecting good things.