I walked the Camino de Santiago in these, starting…

Summary

I walked the Camino de Santiago in these, starting in France, totaling over 1,000 miles walking in them. No one has put these to the test more than me. I was looking for three things: lightweight, durable, and waterproof.

Let me say this: they performed amazingly in all respects except... they are not waterproof. Not even water resistant.

Pros

• Handsome

Cons

• Not waterproof

From the very beginning, an early morning walk through some dewy grass meant wet socks for most of the day. I don't even want to talk about what happened in light rain, let alone in a Spanish downpour.

The things even have a little tag that says "waterproof" on the side, which should have quotes around it, and a ;) emoticon. It is a real shame, because this is a beautiful boot, and I would buy it again and again except for this major flaw. They are durable, handsome, light, with a good sole. But they are unacceptably non-waterproof. Did I mention they were not waterproof?