I walked the Camino de Santiago in these, starting…

Summary

I walked the Camino de Santiago in these, starting in France, totaling over 1,000 miles walking in them. No one has put these to the test more than me. I was looking for three things: lightweight, durable, and waterproof.

Let me say this: they performed amazingly in all respects except... they are not waterproof. Not even water resistant.

Pros

• Handsome

Cons

• Not waterproof

From the very beginning, an early morning walk through some dewy grass meant wet socks for most of the day. I don't even want to talk about what happened in light rain, let alone in a Spanish downpour.

The things even have a little tag that says "waterproof" on the side, which should have quotes around it, and a ;) emoticon. It is a real shame, because this is a beautiful boot, and I would buy it again and again except for this major flaw. They are durable, handsome, light, with a good sole. But they are unacceptably non-waterproof. Did I mention they were not waterproof?

Asolo Trinity WP

The Asolo Trinity WP is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen January 13, 2017 at Sierra Trading Post.

Congratulations, Top Gear Reviewers of 2016