Comfortable, lightweight water shoe. My wife and I…

Summary

Comfortable, lightweight water shoe.

Pros

• Good quality
  • Dry fast

My wife and I had Astral V-Eight PFDs. We like the design and quality of them so I bought a pair of Astral Porter Watershoes at Delaware Paddle Sports. From what I've heard the Astral Brewers are good also, but I like the non marking soles of the Porters.

I wore them paddling twice without socks with no chaffing but, I wear them with low Smartwool socks just because I don't like to go sockless. After a paddle if I have soaking wet feet I'll sometimes switch on dry socks to head to a local watering hole for a good craft beer. The Porters are real comfortable and I've been using them for everyday use more than my regular sneakers. With the material and design of the soles they show no signs of wear so far.

I have a spring and summer with a lot of use on this pair with no problems. When I wear this pair of Porters out I'll go get another pair of Porters.