Bates Delta-9 Gore-Tex Side Zip

Another solid pair of boots. I previously owned another…

Source: bought via a "pro deal"

Summary

Another solid pair of boots.

Pros

• Vibram rubber
  • Gore-Tex
  • Great quality

I previously owned another pair of Bates boots, the GX-8 model, for years before I purchased these to replace them. My last pair saw me through 4 years of hard use and abuse hiking, backpacking, hunting, and in their later years yardworking. The only reason I replaced them was due to the tread wearing down to a point that the shoe was no longer comfortable for all day use (still use in the yard though!).

This pair, as I said, was purchased to replace my original pair of Bates boots. I decided to kick it up a notch with these guys since they looked and felt a bit beefier than my previous model. I am someone who, due to previous ankle injuries, needs to hike in a higher boot (7+ inches). However, most taller boots of this nature are insulated for winter hiking, or come with a "lovely" camouflage pattern. So ones that I can use year around are hard to come by, and Bates has been my answer.

What I love about this pair over my old ones is that they feature the Vibram rubber sole. Overall though, they have had similar fit and function in comparison. I love having a side-zip on my boots now for easy-on-off use and for those midnight "tinkles" while camping. The break in period has been miniscule if present at all, they just fit like a glove from the moment they leave the box.

I have not yet had these quite long enough to attest to much else, but knowing Bates craftsmanship and based on the fact that it has all the same materials as my last pair; I felt safe writing a review. I am looking forward to many years of love in my new boots! Many more hikes, trips, hunts, creeks, puddles, mud, and fun.

If you've owned or used a Bates Delta-9 Gore-Tex Side Zip, please share your experience.

Bates Delta-9 Gore-Tex Side Zip

No price on record.

The Bates Delta-9 Gore-Tex Side Zip is not available from the stores we monitor.