Bending Branches Impression Solo Wood Canoe Paddle

This is a well made, eight-foot-long paddle made for…

Summary

This is a well made, eight-foot-long paddle made for solo canoeing. It is a very strongly and beautifully made paddle.

Pros

• Solid paddle that can be used to push you off in shallow waters

Cons

• Needs longer rock guards

I just finished paddling the Mississippi River from Lake Itasca and the Venice, Louisiana, in an 18-foot canoe and spent many days fighting a south wind and the waves there would sometimes be so strong they would push me back.

With my Bending Branch Solo Canoe Paddle I was able to make miles and fight my way down the Mighty Mississippi River on days I would otherwise have been wind bound and would have had to Zero Day.

It is a long enough paddle that I could sit in the middle of my 18-foot canoe and paddle and be comfortable. It's a beautiful wooden paddle that held up well on the rocks and the wing dams I encountered all the way down the Mississippi.

I was happy with its weight and how it handled and the fact that it was long enough that I could paddle hard all day.

The Bending Branches Impression Solo wood canoe paddle is perfect for the lone canoeist wanting maximum stroking efficiency, whether in ideal conditions or in headwinds. Customers have been requesting a paddle like this for years and Bending Branches is pleased to meet their needs. We also carry a composite solo canoe paddle.

• Blade Size: 6.8" x 19"
  • Grip Type: Ovalized
  • Lengths Available: 260 cm, 280 cm
  • Rockgard Color: Caramel
  • Weight: 44 oz; weight based on average weight of 260 cm paddle: due to the natural variations in wood, weight could vary by +/- 10%
  • Wood Type: Basswood and Black Willow

Visit Bending Branches's Impression Solo Wood Canoe Paddle page.

Bending Branches Impression Solo Wood Canoe Paddle

The Bending Branches Impression Solo Wood Canoe Paddle is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new canoe paddle, check out the best reviewed current models.