Big Agnes Diversion Insulated Air Core

I just picked up the Diversion by Big Agnes. It's…

I just picked up the Diversion by Big Agnes. It's rated well at 4.1 for an R value and it's light at 26 oz for the 72" length. It packs down quite small and it was recommended to me over a Prolite Plus by the guys at the shop.

I'm a big guy 185cm and 120kg and I find it comfortable. I can fit this this just about anywhere in my pack so it gets a good recommendation from me. I picked it up over the Prolite Plus because it was thicker and that's what makes it comfortable and that much warmer.

A possible con for some is that is doesn't have a pump, so you have to blow up it. It took me about a minute to blow it up easily. I think that the less parts you have to worry about, the better. Keep it simple stupid!

If anything, I'd pick this up because it is made of recycled material. It's a good concept to use materials to preserve the environment that you are enjoying out on the trail or wherever you may be.

Big Agnes Diversion Insulated Air Core

The Big Agnes Diversion Insulated Air Core is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 24, 2014 at Mountains Plus.

If you're looking for a new air-filled sleeping pad, check out the best reviewed current models.

Backpacker's Pantry Charros Beans & Rice Review