Big Agnes Three Wire Bivy

This product is AWESOME! I got the old version with…

Design: 4 season bivy
Ease of Setup: Extremely easy
Weight: 1lb 10oz

This product is AWESOME!

I got the old version with the internal poles and full eVent material. It is cut for Big Agnes sleeping bags, meaning its super wide! Infact it's wide enough for two in an emergancy.

The eVent fabric is extremely breathable! If I have it completetly closed up the only thing that gets any condensation is the poles because it is were the nylon seam tape is.

The setup is super fast takes less than two minutes.

The only thing I don't like about this bivy is the that it is hard to get into (could be due to the fact that I'm 6'6").

But I highly recommend this bivy to anyone who wants a lightweight solo shelter.

Outstanding bivy shelter and I believe it to be the…

Design: Four Season Bivy Shelter
Ease of Setup: Extremely easy
Weight: 25 ounces

Outstanding bivy shelter and I believe it to be the best in the market.

First - eVent fabric. I can't say anything bad about this material. Fully waterproof and extremely breathable. I have not yet experienced condensation and I have had it in very humid conditions.

Second - it is light. Only weighed 25 ounces on my scale (without stuff sacks and replaced the pegs).

Third - I can pitch it places where there can be no tent - extremely versatile.

Fourth - it adds real warmth - approximately 7 degrees to my sleep system which permits me to employ a lighter bag.

Fifth - a ton of mesh to keep the flying bugs out.

Sixth - low profile means exceptional wind performance. I have had it in 60 plus MPH winds and it has not moved.

Overall, a great fast and light design and superior to the crap Tarptent Contrail that I have.

Ok, it's a bivy! What did I expect. I bought it for…

Ok, it's a bivy! What did I expect. I bought it for its light weight and pack size. I bought it to keep the wind and rain out in the UK.

Big Agnes should love me. I put the BA Lost Ranger and BA 15 degree pad inside. There was room for me and my boots. Very little else. Once I left the pole out for less space for cold air and condensation was a major issue. Use the pole!

You can't change it much without changing what it is, but a minimum the zipper needs to be at least 6 inches longer to ease getting in and out. When assembled with pole, it did keep the moisture out and did add a little warmth to the sleeping bag. But for me - I need a bit more floor and vertical space.

Visit Big Agnes's Three Wire Bivy page.

The Three Wire Bivy is now UPDATED. Including an external pole frame and new color. Lightweight solo shelter DAC Featherlite NSL . featuring eco-friendly anodizing. DAC poles are super light and strong with press fit connectors, and lightweigh

- Teton Village Sports

The Big Agnes Three Wire Bivy provides shelter from the storm and piece of mind for the solo camper or alpinist. Top shell features eVENT waterproof fabric while the bottom is durable, lightweight Cordura. The easily-pitched pole system provides great headroom.

- CampSaver.com

Big Agnes Three Wire Camping Bivy Sack - The Big Agnes Three Wire Bivy provides shelter from the storm and piece of mind for the solo camper or alpinist. Top shell fabric is made of eVent, a breathable, waterproof fabric that vents moisture directly to the outside, keeping you and your bag dry inside. The bottom of the bivy is made of durable and lightweight Cordura rip-stop fabric. The easily-pitched pole system features an external DAC Featherlite NSL pole that's super light and strong. An extra long side zipper provides easy entry and your choice of two closure options, either use the interior layer of mesh bug netting for great ventilation or use the eVent fabric layer for complete protection, gives you complete control of your comfort. A peaked visor and zipper flap help to protect against the elements. The stake out loops at the head, shoulders, and feet are over-sized so that skis can be used to anchor your bivy in the snow. The Three Wire Bivy from Big Agnes provides comfort and protection in a lightweight package.

- Outdoorplay

Forget your fears of claustrophobia-inducing bivy sacks, and slide into the Big Agnes Three Wire Bivy. Plenty of headroom and breathable, weather-beating eVent gives you plenty of room (and air) to breathe. If the weather is clear, drop into mesh mode so you can enjoy the stars without the bugs.

Big Agnes Three Wire Bivy

The Big Agnes Three Wire Bivy is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen November 5, 2013 at CampSaver.com.

If you're looking for a new bivy sack, check out the best reviewed current models.