Bigfoot Snowshoes ADV Adventure

What a horrible experience. Purchased two pairs of…

Price Paid: $189.99 plus tax

Summary

What a horrible experience. Purchased two pairs of these and they are terrible! Started falling apart the first time out. We didn't walk on anything but snow.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Poorly made
  • Overpriced
  • Terrible customer service

These are the worst snowshoes I have ever used.

They have several flaws:

• The ratchet bindings loosen very quickly, so you have stop to tighten them every few minutes.
  • The poles close no matter how tight you set them. The baskets that attach to the bottom of the poles broke in the first outing.
  • The shoes themselves are poor quality. The straps that attach the decking have all broken, all the way around the shoes. This has happened to two pairs that were purchased at the same time.

The poles are not functional. They collapse no matter how much you tighten them and the baskets are poorly made and broke within minutes of use.

The binding loosen so you have to stop to fix them every few minutes.

The straps that attach the decking are broken pretty much all the way around the shoes. The look like they're made of low quality plastic that isn't actually made to stand the cold. They crack in the weather.

They are overpriced and didn't even last a season.

The worst part though, was the terrible customer service I received. They were rude, blamed me for not walking in them properly. Refused to help at all...but did suggest I purchase new pairs for next year.

I have used Atlas shoes in the past and have had them last 8 years with no issue. I would recommend checking out that site.

Steve Brown

oh, i wish i lived back east to hand deliver my return. those scumbags hosed me. the BBB of Ontario was a bigger waste of time. the poles and bag, didn't even use.

Bought two pairs (for couples) of these over on…

Price Paid: $214 (2 pairs, shipping and tax included)

Bought two pairs (for couples) of these over on their eBay store...took two days to deliver!!! Awesome shoe...love it. Easy to put on, very light. The price is totally reasonable.

I'm having a great time with those in the outbacks...hope this will be helpful for you, eh!!!

Pat

I have two pairs in the house and use them frequently…

I have two pairs in the house and use them frequently with NO problem whatsoever. Of course, I only use them when 'shoes are truly warranted (snow deeper than 1 foot), thereby eliminating any bent or damaged crampons.

Incidentally, I weigh 345 lbs and the model 34's hold me up and perform nicely.

I have had my A-27 (Adventure) model for about 3 months…

I have had my A-27 (Adventure) model for about 3 months and they are incredible. For the price point you can not really ask for anything more.

For anyone who is looking for a recreational snowshoe I would highly recommend the Bigfoot brand, built well, quick service and amazing price point!

Purchased a family set of snowshoes to use over spring…

Summary

Purchased a family set of snowshoes to use over spring break. Customer service was impeccable and personable, shipping was very fast, and product is excellent! Thank you!

Pros

• Good quality!
  • Easy to put on!

Welcome to Trailspace, Kim. Can you tell us more about the snowshoes and what kind of conditions you've been using them in? Also, if you have some pictures, those would be very helpful for others to see. Thanks!

Best experience ever! Bought a family set and am completely…

Summary

Best experience ever! Bought a family set and am completely satisfied with the whole experience ordering to arrival!

Pros

• All

Cons

• None

I contacted the company by email and received a response in minutes. They simplified what I would need for my family first starting out, and received more then we would of ever expected. Service, product, price and delivery all amazing!

We received four pairs of snowshoes, poles, and carrying bags for an amazing price. They arrived just in time to surprise my family for a March break adventure we would never forget.

Welcome to Trailspace, Debbie. Please keep us updated as to how these hold up over time.

Welcome to Trailspace, Debbie! I also hope you'll keep us posted on how your snowshoes work out. It would be great to see a few pictures of yours in use too.

Debbie Iozzo

We are still loving them! Thanks for reaching out! Our neighbours even bought some!

My wife and I bought the shoes from BigFoot, and we…

Summary

My wife and I bought the shoes from BigFoot, and we were amazed at how they functioned. My wife had been snowshoeing previously and was impressed with the ease that the snowshoes functioned.

Pros

• They are easy to put on, and the binding moved with your natural stride.

Cons

• We had an issue with the poles collapsing on us.

The people at Bigfoot Snowshoes took really good care of my wife and I. They had a Valentine's Day special. My wife's and my 32nd anniversary was this year. We love to hike, and we wanted to try and see if snowshoeing was a good activity for us in the winter, so I wanted to buy her snowshoes for us.

Well, I didn't get paid until February the 15th. I contacted the folks at Bigfoot and ask if they would extend the special for me. Well they had no issues and made sure we had an opportunity to take advantage of the special. That impressed me. Their product also impressed me.

We went out last Sunday and only quit when we had to because too when we ran out of sunlight!!

We were impressed with the quality of their product, and I was impressed with their product. I recommend their product and services!!

Don Bassett; Glenwood Springs, Colorado

Welcome to Trailspace, Don! That's great that the company extended the deal to you and your wife for your anniversary. I hope you keep us posted on how your snowshoes work out. Enjoy the snow!

Terrific customer service. Quick delivery! I ordered…

Price Paid: $203 something with tax

Summary

Terrific customer service. Quick delivery!

Pros

• Well made
  • Soft plastic/rubber for cold temps
  • Fits every shoe/ boot type!
  • Well made

Cons

• Just had to adjust a screw at home on my pole

I ordered this set three days ago, and they showed up yesterday! I had one part of my pole that didn't lock properly, so I emailed the company, and within minutes I was emailed back about how to just tighten a screw to fix my problem.

Well, I haven't got to use them yet, due to lack of snow. But so far my hubby and I are in love! Built really sturdy, and there were certainly no corners cut! All rivets are tight and the quality of the material is very good.

They look fantastic, are are super lightweight! I've had some heavy snow shoes, but these are great :)

I can't wait for it to snow to be able to use them!

Welcome to Trailspace, Samantha. I hope you'll come back and review your snowshoes once you've had adequate time to use them this winter.

Steve Brown

Wow! how'd they do? yes, they could probably sell you swamp land in the Everglades and even put makeup on a pig and sell it to you, but mention the word "WARRANTY" to Barry and see what happens. Just make sure you tell them you only walked in a snow covered parking lot, just like their demo video. Your WARRANTY does not cover you walking on ICE, which is under most snow. Do not take off a groomed trail or ski hill, void if used in a forest type setting. Whatever you do, do not mention that you used them for any kind of work related activity. Good Luck

Do not buy this junk!!!!!! Promised by Barry these…

Price Paid: anything over $5 is too much

Summary

Do not buy this junk!!!!!!

Pros

• Ships fast
  • Nice cardboard box
  • Took my money, no problem
  • Good tape on the box
  • Got address correct

Cons

• Product is weak
  • Salesman is a scum bag
  • No warranty whatsoever
  • This company is in Canada

Promised by Barry these glorified popcans would work in the SNOW, like in a real forest type setting, not the parking lot setting they filmed their commercial in.

NOPE, because we actually used them in a forest, all warranty is void. Even called the Ontario BBB on this junk, what a waste of time!!!

Wesellit.ca is a scam!!

Thanks for sharing your review, Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your poor experience. If possible, it would be very helpful if you added some pictures of your failed snowshoes to your review, for others to see.

Base began falling apart/tearing after three years…

Price Paid: Approx $130

Summary

Base began falling apart/tearing after three years of light use. Looks like crampons can come up and cut the base straps, other stress tears, too. I weigh 160 lbs and was using Size 25 so shouldn't have been overstressing them. Disappointing.

Pros

• Fairly cheap
  • Boot straps work well

Cons

• Base strapping appears to be poorly designed/weak

I have a couple of pairs of Bigfoot snowshoes. I have…

Summary

I have a couple of pairs of Bigfoot snowshoes. I have never had a problem with mine. I use mine hard checking rabbit snares in the winter. I have read the reviews and cannot imagine why people would be snowshoeing in less than 1 foot of snow!! That is why they are wrecking their shoes.

Pros

• Excellent harness
  • Quality built

Cons

• Llimited flotation compared to traditional snowshoes

Good product for its intended use (snowshoeing in deep snow). The snowshoes are well built, with minimal maintenance. I use mine in extreme conditions of Northern Ontario and would highly recommend them!

NO STARS. I purchased four pairs of these shoes between…

NO STARS. I purchased four pairs of these shoes between myself and friends and had the same problem — the crampons bent the first time out and the snow stuck to them so badly that huge balls were created and we couldn't walk more than five steps without our ankles rolling.

I live in Alberta, where the snow is dry and fluffy and it still happens.

Customer service was useless, suggesting I try wax on the crampons, which I did to no avail. They haven't answered any other emails.

DO NOT BUY THESE SNOWSHOES! They are a good price, but a great example of you get what you pay for unfortunately.

Peter1955

Sounds like they should have an antibot plate, like on crampons.

My wife gave me these snowshoes for Christmas. I used…

My wife gave me these snowshoes for Christmas. I used them for one hour — one hour — on 4" of snow with frozen ground underneath. After examining them for problems after the first hike, I found the aluminum crampons to be completely flat in front and back.

Contacting Bigfoot for a refund was useless. The service rep quoted me their warrantee policy (one year) and offered to send replacement crampons. I asked what I was to do after the next use, wait two more weeks for more crampons? What was I to do after the 1 year warranty, purchase more crampons?

The aluminum is just far to week to hold up. This is a very poorly designed snowshoe and will give the user nothing more than frustration. Go with an Atlas.

Another note, we have sent the shoes back to Bigfoot, and are disputing this charge with Visa. Great customer service!

Will Hunter BRAND REP

I am one of the owners of Bigfoot Snowshoes and would be happy to address your issue. Please call me at 1-877-888-7426.

In regards to your comment about snow sticking to the snowshoe, this can happen with any type of snowshoe if the snow is very sticky, similar to when you go cross country skiing. If you fin the snow in your area is very sticky, you can add a piece of fabric between the screws and the crampon. We sell thousands of pairs of snowshoes to individuals, resorts, school groups, and retailers and have never had the complaint about snow sticking to the snowshoe.

You mentioned you have a crampon that is bent. We can gladly send you a replacement and include screws, we do not normally include the screws as you already have them on your current binding and snowshoe, but if you have lost these, we can get new ones for you. To avoid bending crampons (which is very rare) make sure to put your snowshoe on when you are not on cement or pavement. Some people put them on in a paved parking lot before heading out on an adventure trail, I've never seen a crampon bend from this, but I would still recommend putting them on once you are off paved areas.

I would also recommend checking our sizing guide to ensure you have the right size of snowshoes for you. It is best to take your weight, add about 10-15lbs for your boots, jackets and gear, and if you are in between sizes, go with the larger size as this will give you better float on top of the snow. Dave, it sounds like you may have the Powder Pro snowshoes and from what you are explaining, the Adventure Sport snowshoe would be a much better fit for your needs and terrain that you are using your snowshoes on. Give me a call at 1-877-888-7426 and we'll figure out a solution for you. We love snowshoeing, and want you to be happy!

Hopefully the above solutions help address your problems and if you need any replacement parts just let us know. Have a great day!

Will Hunter

Owner - Bigfoot Snowshoes

No exchange or refund is wesellit.ca 's policy. It…

No exchange or refund is wesellit.ca 's policy. It is also the parent company of Bigfoot Snowshoes.

President Barry Triller is adamant about this policy. BUYER BEWARE!

Stefanie

I had the same experience with Barry Tiller...he's to nice...he insulted me and refused to help at all. Said that my shoes that were broken after one use were misused. You'd think something that made to be walked on would be a little more resilient.