Bigfoot Snowshoes ADV Adventure

What a horrible experience. Purchased two pairs of…

Price Paid: $189.99 plus tax

Summary

What a horrible experience. Purchased two pairs of these and they are terrible! Started falling apart the first time out. We didn't walk on anything but snow.

Pros

• None

Cons

• Poorly made
  • Overpriced
  • Terrible customer service

These are the worst snowshoes I have ever used.

They have several flaws:

• The ratchet bindings loosen very quickly, so you have stop to tighten them every few minutes.
  • The poles close no matter how tight you set them. The baskets that attach to the bottom of the poles broke in the first outing.
  • The shoes themselves are poor quality. The straps that attach the decking have all broken, all the way around the shoes. This has happened to two pairs that were purchased at the same time.

The poles are not functional. They collapse no matter how much you tighten them and the baskets are poorly made and broke within minutes of use.

The binding loosen so you have to stop to fix them every few minutes.

The straps that attach the decking are broken pretty much all the way around the shoes. The look like they're made of low quality plastic that isn't actually made to stand the cold. They crack in the weather.

They are overpriced and didn't even last a season.

The worst part though, was the terrible customer service I received. They were rude, blamed me for not walking in them properly. Refused to help at all...but did suggest I purchase new pairs for next year.

I have used Atlas shoes in the past and have had them last 8 years with no issue. I would recommend checking out that site.

Base began falling apart/tearing after three years…

Price Paid: Approx $130

Summary

Base began falling apart/tearing after three years of light use. Looks like crampons can come up and cut the base straps, other stress tears, too. I weigh 160 lbs and was using Size 25 so shouldn't have been overstressing them. Disappointing.

Pros

• Fairly cheap.
  • Boot straps work well.

Cons

• Base strapping appears to be poorly designed/weak.

I have a couple of pairs of Bigfoot snowshoes. I have…

Summary

I have a couple of pairs of Bigfoot snowshoes. I have never had a problem with mine. I use mine hard checking rabbit snares in the winter. I have read the reviews and cannot imagine why people would be snowshoeing in less than 1 foot of snow!! That is why they are wrecking their shoes.

Pros

• Excellent harness
  • Quality built

Cons

• Llimited flotation compared to traditional snowshoes

Good product for its intended use (snowshoeing in deep snow). The snowshoes are well built, with minimal maintenance. I use mine in extreme conditions of Northern Ontario and would highly recommend them!

Hi Tara & Dave, I am one of the owners of Bigfoot…

Hi Tara & Dave,

I am one of the owners of Bigfoot Snowshoes and would be happy to address your issue.  Please call me at 1-877-888-7426.

In regards to your comment about snow sticking to the snowshoe, this can happen with any type of snowshoe if the snow is very sticky, similar to when you go cross country skiing.  If you fin the snow in your area is very sticky, you can add a piece of fabric between the screws and the crampon.  We sell thousands of pairs of snowshoes to individuals, resorts, school groups, and retailers and have never had the complaint about snow sticking to the snowshoe.

You mentioned you have a crampon that is bent.  We can gladly send you a replacement and include screws, we do not normally include the screws as you already have them on your current binding and snowshoe, but if you have lost these, we can get new ones for you.  To avoid bending crampons (which is very rare) make sure to put your snowshoe on when you are not on cement or pavement.  Some people put them on in a paved parking lot before heading out on an adventure trail, I've never seen a crampon bend from this, but I would still recommend putting them on once you are off paved areas.

I would also recommend checking our sizing guide to ensure you have the right size of snowshoes for you.  It is best to take your weight, add about 10-15lbs for your boots, jackets and gear, and if you are in between sizes, go with the larger size as this will give you better float on top of the snow.    Dave, it sounds like you may have the Powder Pro snowshoes and from what you are explaining, the Adventure Sport snowshoe would be a much better fit for your needs and terrain that you are using your snowshoes on.  Give me a call at 1-877-888-7426 and we'll figure out a solution for you.  We love snowshoeing, and want you to be happy!

Hopefully the above solutions help address your problems and if you need any replacement parts just let us know.  Have a great day!

Will Hunter

Owner - Bigfoot Snowshoes

braveheart59

I added 50 pounds....just to err on the side of caution!!

I have two pairs in the house and use them frequently…

I have two pairs in the house and use them frequently with NO problem whatsoever. Of course, I only use them when 'shoes are truly warranted (snow deeper than 1 foot), thereby eliminating any bent or damaged crampons.

Incidentally, I weigh 345 lbs and the model 34's hold me up and perform nicely.

Hey!!! Bought 2 pairs (for couples) of these over…

Price Paid: $214 (2 pairs, shipping and tax included)

Hey!!!

Bought 2 pairs (for couples) of these over on their eBay store...took 2 days to deliver!!! Awesome shoe...love it. Easy to put on, very light. The price is totally reasonable.

I'm having a great time with those in the outbacks...hope this will be helpfull for you eh!!!

Pat

I have had my A-27 (Adventure) model for about 3 months…

I have had my A-27 (Adventure) model for about 3 months and they are incredible. For the price point you can not really ask for anything more.

For anyone who is looking for a recreational snowshoe I would highly recommend the Bigfoot brand, built well, quick service and amazing price point!

NO STARS. I purchased four pairs of these shoes between…

NO STARS. I purchased four pairs of these shoes between myself and friends and had the same problem - the crampons bent the first time out and the snow stuck to them so badly that huge balls were created and we couldn't walk more than five steps without our ankles rolling. I live in Alberta, where the snow is dry and fluffy and it still happens.

Customer service was useless, suggesting I try wax on the crampons, which I did to no avail. They haven't answered any other emails.

DO NOT BUY THESE SNOW SHOES! They are a good price, but a great example of you get what you pay for unfortunately.

Peter1955

Sounds like they should have an antibot plate, like on crampons.

My wife gave me these snowshoes for Christmas. I used…

My wife gave me these snowshoes for Christmas. I used them for one hour - one hour - on 4" of snow with frozen ground underneath. After examining them for problems after the first hike, I found the aluminum crampons to be completely flat in front and back.

Contacting Bigfoot for a refund was useless. The service rep quoted me their warrantee policy (one Year) and offered to send replacement crampons. I asked what I was to do after the next use - wait two more weeks for more crampons? What was I to do after the 1 year warranty - purchase more crampons? The aluminum is just far to week to hold up. This is a very poorly designed snowshoe and will give the user nothing more than frustration - go with an Atlas.

Another note, we have sent the shoes back to Bigfoot, and are disputing this charge with Visa. Great Customer service!

No exchange or refund is wesellit.ca 's policy it…

No exchange or refund is wesellit.ca 's policy it is also the parent company of Bigfoot snowshoe's. President Barry Triller is adamant about this policy, BUYER BEWARE!

Stefanie

I had the same experience with Barry Tiller...he's to nice...he insulted me and refused to help at all. Said that my shoes that were broken after one use were misused. You'd think something that made to be walked on would be a little more resilient.

If you've owned or used a Bigfoot Snowshoes ADV Adventure, please share your experience.

Bigfoot Snowshoes ADV Adventure

The Bigfoot Snowshoes ADV Adventure is not available from the stores we monitor.

If you're looking for a new recreational snowshoe, check out the best reviewed current models.