Black Diamond Forearm Trainer

Worked well until it broke. So pretty much every spring-type…

Summary

Worked well until it broke.

Pros

• Easy to use
  • Versatile

Cons

• It broke
  • Could be stiffer

So pretty much every spring-type grip exerciser I have tried is way too flimsy. I have heard of strong ones but I thought that since this one is made by a company who makes climbing equipment, it should be pretty good.

A little about me; I climb sport routes in the 5.10 range about once per week at the local crag. I figured that stronger hands would do a better job of holding my clydesdale frame on the rock.

When it arrived it smelt strongly of solvent but since it IS made of rubber I didn't think of the odor as too out of the ordinary. I have read reviews of this item by people who acted like the smell was so bad that being in the same room with it would surely shorten their life. I can only guess that these people either had an especially smelly one or that they are of that obnoxious variety of human who tends to have diva moments about minor things, their tirades usually begin with, "Oh my gaaaaawwwd!"

Anyway, it is relatively easy to crush this ring with one hand. However with this one I tried different ways to close it such as only using two or three fingers to close it. With creativity I found a couple good workouts that I coule use it for while I drove to and from work. There is no manual included so you will have to figre out how to use it yourself. I especially liked closing it quickly forty or so times then holding it closed for as long as possible. I felt a pump very similar to what I feel on a crimpy climb.

So then one day it broke. I squeezed it on my way home from work after owning it for two short momths and it tore and became a C rather than an O like it had been. I contacted the retailer I ordered it from and they have promised me a new one soon, free of charge. The nice lady said it was too inexpensive to ship it back so I should get a new one soon. That was Friday, it arrived the next Monday!

Like I said it was OK, but a stronger ring would be better.

Simple and extremely effective! This simple rubber…

Summary

Simple and extremely effective!

Pros

• Excellent for grip and endurance training
  • Simple
  • Cheap

Cons

• There really is no downside to this

This simple rubber ring has done more for my forearm strength in one use than weeks of doing 50 full forearm curls. They wear you out very quickly but you can allow some time to recover and then begin again. I personally use it while sitting around the house until I just can't anymore. This is a no maintenance trainer that I regret not buying months ago.

Good for warming up your fingers and forearms before hiking your project. Endure and sustain your forearms for continuous climbing by regularly using this forearm trainer. Staff Input I absolutely love this forearm trainer. What I love about this trainer is that you can work just your fingers, or your thumb. You are not limited to the entire hand. Black Diamonds Forearm Trainer is a must for climbers.

- Mountain Hideaway

On Sale. Black Diamond Forearm Trainer The SPECS Weight: 4 oz / 112 g ALL CLIMBING SALES ARE FINAL.

The Black Diamond Forearm Trainer is sure to help you get that finger and forearm strength super strong for your important project this year. Simply squeeze the ring while it supplies resistance so you can tone up those flabby forearm muscles while working, driving or before climbing as a warm up.

- RockCreek

The Forearm Trainer by Black Diamond is a great warm up your fingers and forearms before climbing, or use it in you car, the office, or anywhere else you have an extra five minutes to work on your strength.

- Mountain Gear

Black Diamond Forearm Trainer

The Black Diamond Forearm Trainer is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen March 22, 2014 at Moosejaw.

If you're looking for a new climbing accessory, check out the best reviewed current models.