Black Pine Sports Sno Pine

This tent is sold as a 4-season tent and it does have…

Design: free standing dome with 2 vestibules
Ease of Setup: one person can do it

This tent is sold as a 4-season tent and it does have some features which would possibly put it in this category.

It has extra heavy waterproofing and uses five poles to support the tent and vestibule.There is also a flap around the base of the fly to keep snow from blowing under the fly. I would regard this tent as more of a 3 season +.

The poles are fiberglass and I don't think they will stand up to heavy winds for a sustained period. I did use this tent recently for app. a week of camping in the mountains. I was very pleased with it overall. It stayed dry through several days of heavy rain except for two very small leaks in the vestibule which were easily fixed with seam sealer.

There is a large vestibule on the front with numerous venting options. Condensation in the tent itself was essentially zero. There is also a smaller vestibule on the back that comes with two poles so you can form a porch like area for use when the weather is good. I own several tents and this one will undoubtedly prove to be one of my favorites.

Black Pine Sports Sno Pine

The Sno Pine has been discontinued.

The Black Pine Sports Sno Pine is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Open Trees.

If you're looking for a new 3-4 season convertible tent, check out the best reviewed current models.