These shoes serve as my day hikers and trainers. Great…

Summary

These shoes serve as my day hikers and trainers. Great stability and traction with solid support. The fit is true to size and they are narrow in the heel, which is perfect for my foot.

Pros

• Fit
  • Stability
  • Traction

Cons

• Heavier than many trail runners

I run mountain trails to stay in hiking shape and was looking for a trail shoe with support and durability. I am very pleased with the narrow fit which prevents the shoe from slipping on my heels. The shoe is durably built and very stable on the trail which was key in my purchase decision.

The support may be part of the reason for the shoe's weight, but since I hike in much heavier boots, these are still light compared to my hiking boots. I appreciate the traction which grips on wet or dry surfaces. The sole offers great protection for my feet over rocky terrain.

pillowthread

Do you have any issues with the uppers developing holes at the toe bend? I've heard scattered reports of this and I'm trying to figure out the contributing factors...

Thanks for the review, Alan! Do you have any pictures of your pair you could show others in your review?