Brooks Cascadia 8

Great all around trail shoe, grip is fantastic and…

Summary

Great all around trail shoe, grip is fantastic and the fit and stability are superb!

Pros

• Durability
  • Comfort
  • Grip

Cons

• None

My favorite trail shoes to date! Comfortable and long lasting, with great grip, stability, and cushioning.

Great shoes. I use them for hiking not just trail…

Summary

Great shoes. I use them for hiking not just trail running. Sturdy, lightweight, and dry fast. Great for those who don't need a whole lot of ankle support and like being light on their feet.

Pros

• Dry fast

Cons

• Wear out fast.

These shoes fit great and are super comfortable on a decent amount of miles. I like to hike in these rather than standard hiking shoes. They dry fast so I don't worry too much when crossing streams and they feel good because they are much lighter than hiking boots.

Only after about 10 miles did I feel like I might want something with a little more support. I personally don't need a lot of ankle support so these work well for me, but the soles do feel noticeably softer than hiking books.

I used my first pair for about a year and a half and quickly bought another pair (for cheap). Since it is the older model I figured they might not be available for much longer. Once my new pair is worn out, I will definitely look into the Cascadia 9

Thanks for the review, Damon.

With its brilliant blend of protection, traction, cushioning, and support, the Brooks Cascadia 8 is tough enough to take on any terrain-no matter how rough, wet, or steep.

- EMS refers to the men's version

Brooks Mens Cascadia 8 - Closeout - The Cascadia 8 was designed from the gritty, wet, and uneven ground up. Engineered to adapt to the surface and your foot, this versatile piece of equipment runs an ultramarathon and then asks for more. Brooks swapped out the midsole for BioMoGo DNA to create a super cohesive transition and deluxe-ified the Caterpillar Crash Pad on the lateral side to smooth that heel-to-toe even more. The suede geometric pattern on the upper is a shout-out to past Cascadia designs but also serves the function of wrapping the foot for a close fit. Category: Trail/Neutral Weight: 11.9 oz Platform: Universal Sprung Construction: Strobel Brooks DNA: BioMoGo DNA

- Massey's Outfitters refers to the men's version

The men's Brooks Cascadia 8 trail-running shoes offer aggressive trail traction and a responsive, supportive ride that can tackle ultras or quick outings through your local park's trails.

- REI refers to the men's version