Brooks Cascadia 8

Great all around trail shoe, grip is fantastic and…

Summary

Great all around trail shoe, grip is fantastic and the fit and stability are superb!

Pros

• Durability
  • Comfort
  • Grip

Cons

• None

My favorite trail shoes to date! Comfortable and long lasting, with great grip, stability, and cushioning.

Great shoes. I use them for hiking not just trail…

Summary

Great shoes. I use them for hiking not just trail running. Sturdy, lightweight, and dry fast. Great for those who don't need a whole lot of ankle support and like being light on their feet.

Pros

• Dry fast

Cons

• Wear out fast.

These shoes fit great and are super comfortable on a decent amount of miles. I like to hike in these rather than standard hiking shoes. They dry fast so I don't worry too much when crossing streams and they feel good because they are much lighter than hiking boots.

Only after about 10 miles did I feel like I might want something with a little more support. I personally don't need a lot of ankle support so these work well for me, but the soles do feel noticeably softer than hiking books.

I used my first pair for about a year and a half and quickly bought another pair (for cheap). Since it is the older model I figured they might not be available for much longer. Once my new pair is worn out, I will definitely look into the Cascadia 9

Thanks for the review, Damon.