User Review: Canada Goose Men's Chilliwack Parka
Price Paid: 300 CAD
I bought my Chilliwack in 2006 for 300 dollars (at that time there wasn't all the hype around CN). It served me well for 5 years and I think that for 300 dollars it was a little bit too expensive for what it is but not to much (maybe 50 dollars too much). Now the price is hideously expensive and I wouldn't recommend this jacket for the following reasons:
- It's super heavy (more than 3 pounds) and not so tough. After 4 years, longitudinal stitching from both arms started to show some tears. With the time being, more tears appeared. I only used it 2 weeks this year.
- The down quality is OK but not exceptional neither,
- It's a stitch trough construction, which means that you have cold spot.
- The down has been processed with dry cleaning. It kills the durability of the down. My jacket is not as lofty as it used to be and I really took care of it. Never send your jacket to CN to clean it.
- Everybody owns a Chilliwack now, so it's boring.
I was pleased with the jacket for some years. My only complaint was about the sleeves not being enough filled.
But after some years of use, I'm quite disappointed of the overall performance. I'll never buy a Canada Goose again: Super heavy without being super durable, not so high quality down, and the worst is that you have to dry clean it when it's dirty.
For a jacket with a price tag over 400 dollars, forget about it.