CiloGear 75L W/NWD WorkSack

Stripped Weight 985 g / 2 lb
Max Weight 2080 g / 4.6 lb

Horrible, painful, uncomfortable, miserable! I have…

Original Review: August 2, 2017 rated 0.5 of 5 stars

Summary

Horrible, painful, uncomfortable, miserable!

Pros

• Durable?

Cons

• Almost everything

I have tested expensive bag 75L W/NWD bag $1500 in the Himalayas on an expedition to Ama Dablam for 1 month. This bag is the most uncomfortable bag I have worn in my mountaineering career. I wonder if you have field tested it?

The shoulder straps bit into my shoulder, causing intense pain and caused the blood supply to stop to my hands. It's in fact a dangerous bag and can lead to accidents on the mountain.

I covered more than 80 miles with this backpack, so I know what I am talking. I spent lot of money on this and could have bought three backpacks which were more comfortable.

I want modifications done on it or please take the return.

1. Shoulder straps very short and not well padded and very uncomfortable. They even block blood supply in the axilla/armpit because it creates a tourniquet effect
  2. There should be more padding over the sacral area for heavy loads.
  3. Side pockets are impossible to access while the bag is on my back and it's full. They are also useless to store anything when backpack is full because they lose their volume.

This bag is not waterproof!!

It's damn stiff! Stiff! And stiff!!

The chest strap connecting the shoulder straps will rise up to your throat if you try loosening the shoulder straps to give your painful shoulders a break!

I carried 30 kg in this pack!! I was miserable!!

It's not possible to shift the weight to the hips when the shoulders are getting tired!

That's why I say, has this pack been field tested?

Update: September 20, 2017 rated 0.5 of 5 stars

Summary

The most horrible backpack ever!!

Pros

• Nothing

Cons

• The bag is dangerous since it cuts off blood supply to the hands.
  • I might sue CiloGear for it

Hello, Cilogear team, I tested your most expensive bag in the Himalayas on an expedition to Ama dablam for one month. This bag is the most uncomfortable bag I have worn in my mountaineering career. I wonder if you have field tested it? The shoulder straps bit into my shoulders and caused the blood supply to stop to my hands. It's in fact a dangerous bag and can lead to accidents on the mountain. I am sending you the video soon. I spent lot of money on this and could have bought three backpacks which were more comfortable. I want modifications done on it or please take the return.

1. Shoulder straps very short and very uncomfortable leading to severe pain in the shoulders. They even block blood supply in the axilla/armpit because it creates a tourniquet effect
  2. There should be more padding over the sacral area for heavy loads
  3. Side pockets are impossible to access when the pack is full and on the shoulders. They are also useless to store anything when backpack is full because they lose their volume.

That's why I say, has this pack been field tested?

CiloGear has not responded to my emails and phone calls. I asked them to modify the shoulder straps and they don't want to do it. I will not trust CiloGear! Their packs are not put through the rigorous testing like Gregory.

FromSagetoSnow

Wow, most people have great things to say about these packs. Want to sell it?

Welcome to Trailspace, Hartej. Too bad about the CiloGear pack not working out for you. Do you have any pictures of your pack you could add to your review to show others the issues? Also, did you contact CiloGear directly to see if they could help? http://www.cilogear.com/info.html

Hartej uppal

Hello Alicia, how do I post the videos?

Hartej uppal

Hello Alicia, I contacted cilogear. They were not helpful. That's why I am positing this review all over the internet. I will never never buy from them again. I will post the email echanages with them on the net

Hartej uppal

Hello Jeff, yes, can you buy this expensive junk?

Hi Hartjel, Sorry for the delay as I missed your comment. Here is how to post pictures and video: To add photos to your review (full/non-mobile version of the site):

1. Click the yellow “Edit this review" button at the top or bottom of your review (you can do this to update your review, add new info, pics, etc).

2. Click in the Detailed Review section of your review where you’d like to place an image.

3. Click the Insert/Edit Image icon (third from the right, looks like a tree) or Video icon (second from the right) at the top of the Detailed Review section.

4. Select and Insert a photo you’ve already uploaded or upload a new one. In the case of video, copy in the url and insert the video.

5. Once done with any edits, click the “Save Your Changes” button at the bottom of your review.

I hope that helps.

Hartej uppal

Hello Alicia, I tried and its not giving me the option to upload videos

I'm sorry you're having trouble, Hartej. You do need to upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo first (not to Trailspace). Then you should be able to add the video to your review by clicking on the video icon and entering the video's URL (web address).

ASmith

Sell the pack to Jeff, order a custom MBII from Dan Mchale and you'll be more than happy.

ASmith

My experience with Cilo has been about the same as others and I found many complaints and reviews online regarding their lack of response. They are unresponsive to my calls, emails, or posts.

I have a 75L Work Sack and I wrote a reply to you but the admin moved it to its own review so people can go read that. I have used it on several large climbs in the US, Nepal, Denali, AD, Cho Oyu, Manual, and Everest. What it comes down to is this pack is a really "specialized alpine pack" but too big for its designed, which comes into itself when doing hard Alpine fast and light climbing, not the type of climbing most people are doing. Not standard route mountaineering, not backpacking, and not the type of climbs 85% of people do.

Hartej uppal

The reply of cilogear ninja:
Thanks for the email. Sorry that you feel that way. Adding longer shoulder straps to the pack will not solve your problem. We do not want to charge you another $500 for a modification that will not help and will essentially ruin the pack for anyone else. We recommend you gift or sell the pack to someone who will find it useful. Sorry, sometimes things just aren't a great fit. We've recommended several options to increase the comfort of the pack and you don't seem interested in any of those.
Let us know if you have any other questions.

David Bonnafous

What are the options to increase the comfort of the pack recommended by CiloGear ?