User Review: Coleman Xtreme Powermax Stove
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: ?? on sale as already discontinued
I'm sure they are available all over eBay and Whiteblaze now for a song. I've got 4 1/3 cans of fuel left. Will save them for trips of at least a week long in winter weather. I switched to a titanium Esbit stove with the Coughlan or Esbit solid fuel tablets for most of my backpack trips.
- Easy and as fast to heat as any canister stove
- Stable base
- Works much better in cold and altitude than "stove on top" canisters
- The connection between the canister and connecting cap gets worn with time so you have to replace a plastic part or else hold the connection tight to get fuel flowing
- Well, I bought the last canisters for it last year; pricey when discontinued!
- Not as light as Esbit stove and fuel for short trips