Columbia Aquatooth

Great traction, fit, adjustability, top and side ventilation,…

Materials: synthetics
Use: canyoneering, creek running, exlporing Laguna's tide pools
Break-in Period: none
Weight: very little

Great traction, fit, adjustability, top and side ventilation, and drainage AFTER I FIXED MANUFACTURER'S DEFECTS. To explain, I got the shoes on clearance and discovered why they were on sale: the drainage holes in the bottom were poorly produced, so I used a pick heated on a burner and melted open the holes. Now they work wonderfully. I tore the mesh on my first canyoneering trip (side scrape on a rock-ouch) but it was easy to repair. Good toe protection. Great cushioning as well.

I really liked the design and fit of these shoes,…

Materials: Full synthetic upper
Use: Amphibious trail shoe
Break-in Period: ?
Weight: ?

I really liked the design and fit of these shoes, however once I had them on for about an hour I noticed that a spot on the front half of my foot opposite the ball started to hurt like I had a rock in the shoe or something. Turns out the sole has little holes in it for ventilation or drainage, however, the bottom of the shoe was sealed, probably due to manufacturing defects and when I walked my foot pressed into the hole and thus created a vacuum. The shoe was giving me a tiny hicky. Well, I took out knife and made a hole all the way through and now it is fine.

Good shoe, bad manufacturing practices/quality assurance.

rated 3.50 of 5 stars All Aquatooth versions

In addition to the 2 men's reviews above, there is 1 review for another version of the Aquatooth. Read all reviews »

If you've owned or used a Columbia Men's Aquatooth, please share your experience.

Columbia Men's Aquatooth

The Men's Aquatooth has been discontinued.

The Columbia Men's Aquatooth is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen May 11, 2009 at Sierra Trading Post.

If you're looking for a new water shoe, check out the best reviewed current models.