Columbia Ballistic Fleece

men's
Shell Fabric 100% Polyester, 94% Nylon / 6% Elastane
Lining Fabric 100% Polyester Tricot
Center Back Length 27.5 in

Yes, got one for my daughter as well. She already…

Yes, got one for my daughter as well. She already has a Steens Mtn girl's fleece, but it is barely big enough and she grows by the second. She says this is much warmer than her other (Steen's Mountain). She also loves the softness inside, Columbia does a great job in terms of varied sizes to accomodate kids' growth spurts.

My son likes the nylon panels on his version because "it keeps the backpack's straps from rubbing". My daughter (younger than her brother) says oooooh, this part is so cool and slippery." The girl's version seems to be a little shorter in the torso length, although I can't say that definitively.

A very durable, quality built kid' fleece. I treated the garment with Atsko's silicon guard and it is highly water resistant. She loves having the chest pocket for her lavendar lip balm that Oma gave her.

Like her brother's, I installed a drawcord at the hem to seal out the weather.

4.5 stars because it doesn't come with a drawcord at the hem, but then again, it was only $12.50. a nice jacket. My girl wanted pink, but black is all that was available.

My son says this is the best jacket I've ever bought…

My son says this is the best jacket I've ever bought him. He loves the warmth and torso length, with plenty of sleeve length also. He likes the nylon panels because "it keeps the backpack's straps from rubbing".

A very durable, quality built kid' fleece. I treated the garment with Atsko's silicon guard and it is highly water resistant. Plenty of pockets for him to use. I installed a drawcord at the hem to seal out the weather. He says it's warm but doesn't make him feel sweaty. Enough said.

4.5 stars because it is overly roomy in the torso, and my son likes things that aren't too baggy. Most kids gear seems to be this way, however.

Columbia Ballistic Fleece

The Ballistic Fleece has been discontinued.

$120.00 (men's)

The Columbia Ballistic Fleece is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen July 24, 2014 at Columbia.

If you're looking for a new fleece jacket, check out the best reviewed current models.