Columbia Diamond Peak

Owned these for over a year now and they're starting…

Materials: Swede with waterproofing
Use: dayhikes w/10-20# pack
Break-in Period: felt a little better after 3 wks
Price Paid: close out

Owned these for over a year now and they're starting to show some wear as to be expected though they are holding up much better than expected considering the great deal I got on close-out pricing...I'm a big guy (6'6", 275#) and dayhike up to 7 miles 1-3 times weekly with a 10-20 lb pack.

That being said I replaced the supplied soles with green Superfeet after 6 months to get less heel space and a little better cushioning. Shoes seem to run exact to size (15) and if you wear thick sox get a bigger pair for sure. Laces seem to come untied but double wrap took care of that easily enough.

Still waterproof and looking good, I expect to get another 6-12 months from these and if they had more cushioning for roadways they'd be almost perfect.

I used this boot for the past three years of medium…

Break-in Period: none--comfortable right from the box

I used this boot for the past three years of medium intensity hunting/hiking/field work/shop work. Absolutely the most comfortable boot I've owned. I can't count the miles I've walked/hiked/backpacked in three years--and never one day of sore feet.

Waterproofing is great for the first two hours--begins to soak thereafter.

Leather scuffs easily, extremely durable with treatment oils every 6-months or so (this also removes all surface scuffs).

Tread/soles wear down quickly with extended periods on concrete/asphalt--keep this boot in the mountains more than the city.

Seam on inside edge of boot, near the toe--is prone to failure with repeated bending of the toe (as happens when kneeling or squatting repeatedly).

Overall this is a fantastic medium-heavy duty boot. After miles and miles, it has never once held me back.

I am 6'1", 200 lbs, 13D, with a low to medium volume/arch…

Materials: Leather, waterproof, no GTX, but with moisture wicking material
Use: Day hikes, casual
Break-in Period: None, ready out of the box

I am 6'1", 200 lbs, 13D, with a low to medium volume/arch foot. Looked for a boot that was comfortable, had good hiking tread pattern, had ankle support, looked good with jeans, and was water proof, but usable for backpacking if needed. Descriptions of this boot say it is a very durable boot ready for light to heavy backpacking on multi-day trips. I haven't back packed with it yet, but it is too comfortable and feels a little soft in the sole (EVA midsole, and Columbia's Omni grip sole)for heavy backpacking, but we'll see.

Tried on the boot at the store. Wow, very comfortable out of the box. Wanted a different color, so ordered it over the internet. The delivered boot felt exactly the same in every regard. Nice job on quality control/consistency Columbia!

These boot are comfortable and have great support.

These boot are comfortable and have great support. Unfortunatly, the leather is poor quality. After only 15 km of hiking, the leather is very scuffed and worn. Also, the toe became seriously gashed in one place.

Great working and outdoor boots. I wear them anywhere…

Great working and outdoor boots. I wear them anywhere I go. Cons -- shoelaces that untie easly while walking. Othervise I would recommend that boot to anybody.

Columbia Diamond Peak

The Diamond Peak has been discontinued.

The Columbia Diamond Peak is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen June 3, 2007 at REI.