Columbia Klondike Gold Work Pant

These are the only pants my husband wears...literally.

Price Paid: $5 on sale first, then $32.00 on e-Bay years later

These are the only pants my husband wears...literally. He bought 5 pairs on sale from the Columbia Store in Portland several years ago and has almost worn all of them out. He wears them every day. I even turned one pair into shorts for him.

My husband works in environmental education and owns his own business which has him running around in the woods as often as it has him attending meetings and giving presentations. These pants are durable, the color hides dirt well, and they are casual enough to run around in the mud with kids and dressy enough that he can wear them when giving a lecture or running a business meeting.

What more is that they come in size 28 which fits his smaller frame. He can't stand baggy pants and these fit him so well. It seems that there are no companies who carry a durable size 28 pant, and we've been to places like REI and even asked about special ordering from the companies, all to no avail. He can even slip his travel coffee mug into the cargo strap on the leg and walk around holding our infant son on those woodsy walks when at home. It is the perfect pant for him.

Sadly, as far as I can tell, these went out of production in 2008. I found a new pair on e-Bay about 6 months ago and these have been added into the rotation and have become his "nice" pair, the only pair that has not become threadbare in places or patched (I have patched several pants using the cut-off legs from the shorts I made him).

Every month or so I search the web hoping to find more of these pants. We cannot give a more glowing review to pretty much any product!

If the powers at be read this review and have a hidden stash of these pants anywhere or start making them again, please let me know. We would purchase 20 pair if we could and keep them on rotation. My husband would probably wear these every day for the remainder of his pants-wearing days.

Definitely a fantastic product and I would recommend that anyone buy them, unless, of course it is a pair of size 28 pants in which case I would buy them first!

The Columbia Men's Klondike Gold Work Pant wears hard and plays harder. These durable pants from the Titanium line hold up while remaining comfortable. Unlike most work pants the Klondike Gold's Comfort Stretch 2-way stretch material keeps you from feeling like you're wearing rawhide. Throw in the Active Fit cut that gives a close fit, carpenter's loop, ergonomically-placed pockets, and you're the biggest gold digger around . or gold miner anyway.

- Backcountry Outlet

Columbia Klondike Gold Work Pant

The Columbia Klondike Gold Work Pant is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen February 23, 2008 at Backcountry.com.

If you're looking for a new pant, check out the best reviewed current models.