An excellent all-around walking shoe that I have worn…

Materials: Brushed leather and nylon, Columbia Omni-Grip sole
Use: Around town
Break-in Period: None

An excellent all-around walking shoe that I have worn for about-town type of use lieu of more fragile sneakers for about five years now. The soles (and everything else) have lasted beyond my expectations. I'm really beginning to wonder when these things will wear out.

I seldom hike with it, preferring mids with heavier shanks for trails. It is not waterproof but consequently breathes well. If mud or ponding is expected I'll wear a different shoe, but these are more comfortable for general use.

Sole traction is good on wet stone or pavement. Toe rand does a great job of protection and is one reason these things have lasted well. No problems with the lacing system. No weakness or separation with glued joints.

Columbia Trail Grinder

The Trail Grinder has been discontinued.

The Columbia Trail Grinder is not available from the stores we monitor. It was last seen sometime before 2006 at Sierra Trading Post.

Superfeet Orange Review