User Review: Dagger Mamba 7.6
Source: bought it new
Price Paid: It is my Valentine's Day Gift
If you are short heighted, not very muscular, and haven't found the right kayak for you. Your search is over and you can pick this blindfolded. Special recommendation for girls.
- Rounded stern makes it very easy to roll.
- Planing hull with a rail. Stern is still rounded out. Forgiving boat with surfing, edging and spinning capability
- More safety features and more rescue points
- More volume, means the boat sits higher on the water.
- Beginners and intermediate paddlers are going to learn quicker because boat has more volume
- Mamba is not a play boat
- It has too much volume to get vertical squirts, cartwheels etc.
I am very excited with my Dagger Mamba 7.6. This new boat looks like the perfect choice for someone who needs one kayak that can do it all. I am a beginner I am 5'2" and 50 kgs and since last 2 years I could not find the perfect fit for me and it wasn't very encouraging. I am even more excited and encouraged to kayak in white water now.
I have not yet run class 4 or 5 with this, but my kayaker friends recommend it for those big runs also. The same forgiving design and added volume, that allows you to nail your line in a challenging rapid is also what will help a beginner progress to an intermediate level very quickly.